Okinawa -- Japanese babes, sex & drinking

Did that shameless advertising work? What I’m really after is info on Okinawa as a visa run destination.

I went to Naha City, Okinawa, for a visa run last year. It was a nice change from the big cities of Hong Kong and Bangkok. Naha is a small, orderly and you can actually fill your lungs with clean air. The airport is just 10-15 minutes from the city center, and the Taiwan visa-issuing office is just a few minutes’ walk from the main street.

Insert sexual references; Japanese birds; sort, ugly, and eagar to please.

Last time I checked, China Airlines had two daily flights from Taipei, 8:15 am and 4:50 pm, return flights from Naha, at 11:00 am and 7:50 pm. The flight takes just over an hour.

Insert another reference to sex to keep people reading; Japanese girls like getting their gear off with hairy bastards from New Zealand.

Taiwan’s defacto consulate keeps the following office hours; Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 12:00 and 1:00 - 5:00, but applying for a visa is restricted to 9:00 - 12:00 and 1:00 - 3:00. Watch out for holidays - it takes Japanese holidays too. I got caught out (on a bloody Friday) and had to stay an extra two nights!! Ahh!

Insert standard reference to space-age toilet; “it was bloody space age toilet an’ all it was.”

I stayed at the centrally-located Naha Grand Hotel which cost 6,000 a night for a single room. Can anyone suggest another hotel - cheaper or at least better value?

I’m considering going back to Okinawa but I’m too cheap to buy the Lonely Planet guide for Japan when I’m only going to use a couple of pages of it. How about this for a deal - send me photocopied pages (or scanned) of the L.P. section about Okinawa and I’ll (if you are living in Taiwan) send you 2 copies of the book, Formosan Odyssey.

Unless I’m mistaken, you seem to have replied to your own post. Perhaps you’re just insane so welcome for you are in good company.

John,

I confess, you caught me with your new title. But I was interested before, when you spoke of doing a visa run to Okinawa. If I ever need to do that again that’s where I’ll go. The 7th ed. LP (2000) lists the following budget places:

OK Youth Hostel, tel 857-0073. Y3150. In Onoyama, south of the Meiji Bridge.

Harumi YH, tel 867-3218/4422. Y2950 or Y3950 for private rm. North of the city, near route 58.

OK Guesthouse, tel 090-9782-9696/090-4359-2037. Y1500. Pretty far west of Kokusai-dori and hard to find.

Dormitory OK, tel 090-7159-8741. Y1800. Tsuboya area, also hard to find.

Shinkinichi Ryokan, tel 869-4973. Y2800. Just off Kokusai-dori. Popular, clean and comfortable.

Narumi Ryokan, tel 867-2138. Y3400 or 3700 w bath. Near Kokusai-dori.

Hotel Sankyo, tel 867-0105. Y4000. business hotel near Kokusai-dori.

Let me know if you have any further questions or still want to look at the actual LP page. :slight_smile: