Old Taiwan Passport of The Grandparents

I want to ask some questions regarding the national identification number in the passport of my grandparents and the household registration;
1)are there is possibility that the old taiwan passport in the first bio page from the 60s,70s,and 80s,the gov’t didnt put the national identification number in the first bio page of the individual passport during that time?coz i didnt see any of my grandparents passport that have a national identification number in there first bio page of there passport and im not sure if my grandparents have a household reg.and a national identification card coz both of my mum siblings has a household and a national identification card And her siblings passport have a national identification number printed in there old passport during the 90’s
2)where can i ask if my grandparents have a national identification card and a household registration if i dont know where they live during that time in Taiwan and even my mum dont know also where they live at that time and my only proof that i can bring is there old passport from 60’s,70’s,and 80’s…
3)and please correct me if im wrong i wonder if my mums siblings have a household registration and a taiwan national id.card is that mean both of my grandparents have a national id.card and a household registration too that time?coz im thinking you cant have a national id.card and a household reg.if your parents dont have household and national id.card or either tbefore they apply they need to put first there family tree like who is your parents and there documents as citizen before you can have a household reg.and a national id.card
(i cant and even my mum to ask her siblings coz they are not in good terms and both of my grandparents are died already during the 80’s)

if you couldn’t get answer here, you could ask to boca or teco.

you could ask to teco or boca if you apply for this. maybe they can know the personal information of passport holder from passport number.

Access to passport application form
https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-33-29-7f24b-1.html

not necessarily. they could get id card by living in taiwan for a while.

Tando may i ask if you have household and national identification do they need your parents info. Or any documents like that?or any family tree of yours coz they went to taiwan during the EARLY 90’s as a NWOHR

Looking at a passport issued in 1989, it has the ID number.

this article says people who left taiwan before 1969 don’t have passport with 10 digit id number, so they can apply for new id number. i think that means 9 digit number or address kind of things were in their passport, if they had household registration.

https://www.roc-taiwan.org/ussea/post/1407.html

1 Like

I don’t have any certain answers. at least your parents names are registered in your hhr, I guess. maybe you can trace back your ancestor’s hhr if the information is continued by birth registration.

you could ask to boca when they started to put national identification number in passport. if it was way back to 60s, then you could know that your grandparents didn’t have it.

if your grandparents had hhr when your mothers siblings got their hhr, it doesn’t mean your grandparents had it when their children were born. it is possible they got it later.

Tando lastly do i need to show all the passports of my grandparents or i can use even 1 passport each of them and i just saw they have there first passport around 60’s and is it enough to show there first passport during 60s time in the BOCA or in the embassy? or all there passports that i have until they died in the 80’s?

you would first ask to boca or teco on general things. when they started putting id number on passport and if they can give you application information from passport number. for that, you could just ask them.

when you would ask on your grandparents, why not bring everything you have. you would also need documents to prove your relationship to your grandparents. maybe your birth certificate and your mothers birth certificate.

@Jasonong335933 , did you ask if they kept the application information?

Tando yes i ask already and this is a tricky answer that they give me the one who told me that the national id.itself and the hhr produce during the early 90’s but before 90’s they dont have that both…that is the only there answer …so it means any overseas roc national can live in taiwan before 90s?if they dont have hhr and national i.d.printed on there passport how can you know that your parents have hhr or even national i.d.?

Tando​:point_up::point_up::point_up:TECO told me that in makati

So, their answer didn’t help.

I don’t think of other things you can do without a help from your aunt or uncle.
If you can get a detailed transcript of their household registration, information of your grandparents must be there. If they had hhr, you should be able to know their ID numbers, iiuc.

Im argueing with her coz she didnt entertained that much its like and i feel that NWOHR is like a trash coz maybe they think that NWOHR is not covered under taiwan domestic laws i mean like cant vote etc.thats why a lot of NWOHR is so confused regarding this matters and i observed most people have repeated some questions that they have the previous one coz they are eager like me to get the national id.coz we are a ROC national/citizen not a second class citizen

Hi Jason and All,

My father just showed me the Original old ROC passport of my grandfather in before 1949 when ROC was controlling Mainland Area. My and and me was born in India and got indian nationality. My question is can I apply for ROC overseas passport ?

1 Like