Olympic Games Closing Ceremony

Nice end to the Games. I liked the tower in the center with all those people climbing up and down like ants and the girls in their yellow costumes.

London’s short act. Well, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

After all those grand displays of color and masses of people moving about, the Londoners probably wanted to show that their games will be all different. Well, based on their little show with the double decker bus, what message did they try to convey, “Beijing was Great, London will Suck”? The choreography was just bad, the bus after being opened was simply ugly, the song with the guitar player was embarrassing, Beckham didn’t seem to have a clue why he was there (shooting a football in the unexpecting crowd?) come on.

But worst of all was the London mayor, what a douche bag. Can’t button his jacket, shows no respect for his counterpart (runs up the stairs first, doesn’t shake the man’s hand) feels the need to stick his hand in his jacket will walking the red carpet). Completely inappropriate behavior for the occasion.

[quote=“hannes”]Nice end to the Games. I liked the tower in the center with all those people climbing up and down like ants and the girls in their yellow costumes.

London’s short act. Well, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

After all those grand displays of color and masses of people moving about, the Londoners probably wanted to show that their games will be all different. Well, based on their little show with the double decker bus, what message did they try to convey, “Beijing was Great, London will Suck”? The choreography was just bad, the bus after being opened was simply ugly, the song with the guitar player was embarrassing, Beckham didn’t seem to have a clue why he was there (shooting a football in the unexpecting crowd?) come on.

But worst of all was the London mayor, what a douche bag. Can’t button his jacket, shows no respect for his counterpart (runs up the stairs first, doesn’t shake the man’s hand) feels the need to stick his hand in his jacket will walking the red carpet). Completely inappropriate behavior for the occasion.[/quote]

Yep, i get the feeling there’s more to come… dreadful
That guitar player was Jimmy Page btw.

You’re new to Boris then?

Jimmy Page it was? Thought he must be famous or something. Didn’t make the act better, though.

Boris? Does he have a history of embarrasing himself? OK, he wasn’t really THAT bad.

HOnestly I thought the Closing was pretty doggone good, considering how hard it is to even compare with the fantastic Opening Ceremony, Which I think will never be matched. At least for a hundred years.

And actually I liked the English act. I thought it was artsy and very well done !!! I liked the double decker bus opening up. It was well done in my opinion. And Jimmy Page looks older then heck but he is the lead guitarist in LED ZePPELIn. aND well known for that.

And I feel the English will put on a great olympics in 2012. I have confidence it will be.
It wont be on the kind of scale we have seen with the Chinese Opening/ Closing but the event will be done well. I have a feeling the Opening and Closing in London will be done well and be worth watching too.