🥇 Olympics - The Tokyo Olympics 2021

Anybody know which local stations will be covering the Olympics?

Good question.

Cycling road race is on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

Ok looks like ELTA will run three dedicated channels. So you’ll need MOD?

Eastern Broadcasting Company ( EBC 東森電視 Channels 51 , 57 , 33 , 32) is the Official Cable TV Broadcaster for the Tokyo Olympics

Also ELTA and PTS

Sources:
https://news.ebc.net.tw/event/olympic2020.ebc/game

3 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately I have KBro. Although I can watch cycling on GCN+.

For ELTA you can get an online subscription for around 1100.

I wonder if Eastern will be bilingual commentary? And filled with ads…The advantage of ELTA is they show everything. As in, they are already broadcasting Aussie vs Japan in the softball right now.

Wow. Thanks for the info.

it will be a bit weird without all the spectators in the stands, but don’t forget that 99% of the spectators are watching online anyway.

335 Russian athletes representing ROC!!!

MOD has a dedicated channel(s?) that say they are showing it.

I have KBro so I paid 429NT for a three month subscription to watch it on ELTA.

Taiwan's Sports Administration created a controversy today when the No.1 female badminton in the world, Tai Tzu-ying shared on her own social media that she and other players representing #Taiwan at #Tokyo2020 were flown to Tokyo in economic class. President @iingwen ...

— William Yang (@WilliamYang120) July 19, 2021

Is there no cost that can’t be cut? This is brutal if true.

More or less, blame the plague and “miscommunication” -ie. we bosses make a decision and you comply:

In response, the Sports Administration said that given the over 100 athletes and support staff flying to Tokyo on Monday, it would have been impossible to put all athletes in business class as the A330 aircraft had only 36 business class seats.

Instead, each athlete was seated in the front economy class cabin with no one sitting beside, in front of and behind them to maintain social distancing as a COVID-19 preventive measure, it said.

Only head coaches, Olympic committee officials and team doctors were seated in the business class, it said.

Thank god for that. They have been training their whole life for this don’t want them to suffer in economy with the athletes.

1 Like

Having to sit in economy class on a chartered flight with nobody next to you for…three hours is rough and I hope she recovers.

I hope the officials who were seated in business class instead of first-class recover as well.

7 Likes

It’s a 3 hour flight and seemingly practically empty, what’s her problem?

4 Likes

This is some elitist shit. Kinda cringe TBH that she had the audacity to post this in the middle of a pandemic. They want Taiwan to arrange three flights so that all the folks can sit in business class? Why did Tsai Ing Wen apologize for this???

8 Likes

1 Like

Focus Taiwan article on it.

Sports Administration made the change and didn’t tell the athletes apparently.

In response, the Sports Administration said that given the over 100 athletes and support staff flying to Tokyo on Monday, it would have been impossible to put all athletes in business class as the A330 aircraft had only 36 business class seats.

When you have a whole row (plus front and back) to yourself what does it matter if you are sitting in business class or not for such a short flight…

3 Likes

I also heard they didn’t have her baby booster.

4 Likes

Hold on though, is this all she posted?