🥇 Olympics - The Tokyo Olympics 2021

The athletes are also living in a sleazy motel like accommodation. Yea people are pissed. Seems Chinese and Ugandan athletes have much better accommodation.

BREAKING - ping pong prim donna approves of hotel accommodations. Country breathlessly awaits social media post to indicate if she likes room service.

2 Likes

BREAKING - people online pissed that table tennis players have to stay in normal hotel. No comment yet from President on situation or if rumors that temperature in room wasn’t precisely 24.25 degrees upon arrival.

1 Like

I’d have sent her on the first plane back home. Teach her a lesson.

In Japan?

Pictures or it didn’t happen. :rofl:

Guy

They have pictures on tvbs.

They were in the rooms?

Really?

Guy

OK, Taiwan News is on the story, so it must be legit! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Room looks fine…it’s a lot bigger and more personal space than what a lot of migrant workers got when they were being locked up. Besides…it’s not like she can’t go out to do her training and other sports related activities.

2 Likes

Wonder when we’ll get to see photos of the palace like hotel the business class loving “sports administrators” are staying in? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

1 Like

She could have gotten one of these ‘capsule’ rooms.

3 Likes

Given how every other week there is something going on with the Tokyo Olympics I don’t think it would have been that surprising…

Apparently the remaining ones travelling to Tokyo will do so in economy class.

Guy

According to the link provided they will fly in business class…

they

I was referring to the “sports administrators”; you are referring to the actual athletes.

Guy

It didn’t happen. Pictures are available online - nothing about the room is “sleazy” and it’s not a “motel”.

Updates though on something that probably should be its own thread.

Taiwan’s top government official in charge of sport affairs, Chang Shao-hsi (張少熙), has offered to resign, after apologizing over the fact that athletes representing Taiwan in the Tokyo Olympics flew to the Games in economy class while government officials sat in business class.

This was already posted but the fun part is that ‘officials’ appear to outnumber athletes 2-1.

The CAL charter had 50 athletes and 84 officials, coaches and support staff on board, accounting for a large part of Taiwan’s contingent to the games.

Outrage at the badminton athletes’ accommodations that are near their venue but even more outrage at the ping pong athlete’s accommodations that are in…the Olympic Village (where a most athletes outside of notable exceptions will be staying).

After Taiwanese netizens were enraged over the spartan conditions of badminton star Tai Tzu-ying’s (戴資穎) room at the Marroad Inn Tokyo, a photo of Chuang’s even more modest accommodations in the Olympic Village went viral on social media. Chuang, known as “Taiwan’s Godfather of table tennis,” is competing in his fifth Olympics.

Chuang announced on his Facebook page on Monday that he had safely arrived in Tokyo and wrote that he “dared not take off my mask until I got to my room.” He then posted a photo of his room in the Olympic Village and a dining area.

anti-sex cardboard box bed is fake news.

p.s. this was decided a very long time ago, even before covid19, this was japan’s plan and they kept it.

2 Likes

Cardboard is sturdy and it doesn’t matter as long as your mattress is good.

Sure, I didn’t say it was real news; simply that people appear to be pissed that local athletes need to stay in the same place as…everybody else.

The entire “anti-sex” rumor was from what was obviously a shit-post by Paul Chelimo. It sort of is an interesting topic because I have known two people who stayed in the Village in past games and…inter-athlete activities were very, very common.

They’re athletes. Why not just do it standing?

1 Like