On TARC , what happens if my spouse dies or we get divorced?

I am European and at the end of this year going to give up my nationality and become Taiwanese.

I know that I need to be on a TARC first and I know the process.
Now my question, what happens when I my partner dies suddenly or we having a fight and gonna get divorced?
1.Will I loose my TARC then ?
2.Or will I keep it and not able to work ?
3.Or do I need to apply for a separate work permit ?

Which country?

You should get your APRC first so that you can fall back on your APRC.

I am from Italy and I don’t want an APRC. I directly naturalize.

1 Like

I’m Italian myself. So is @Mataiou. We’re looking to do the same thing eventually.

I understand your unwillingness to get an APRC, but getting it first is more of an insurance policy so that if your application is unsuccessful, then you can fall back to the APRC in case you divorce or otherwise no longer have your husband and try again.

It’s safer this way legally.

Will you be attempting to regain the Italian citizenship?

2 Likes

Interesting! So there is the possibility of not getting approved for a TARC?
I am still keeping my Marriage ARC and I can’t apply for an APRC because therefore I need to be 5 years on the marriage ARC.
I am just asking what will happen if I am on the TARC and get divorced , will they take away my TARC ?

There is always a possibility. Or approved for TARC but not approved for Hukou or didn’t get the paperwork done on time. Another member’s attempt just had him fall back to where he was before.

I see. I can ask my lawyer when I get a chance.

Is it a possibility that you might get divorced? If so, you might need to try to convince him to hold on until the Household Registration is in your hands. I think that’d be safer.

no. your TARC will be supported by your naturalization. not by your spouse.

yes. naturalized nationals on TARC can work eithoyt a work permit.

no

1 Like

I really would like to have clarity about that
Because we do have some problems so there might be a possibility.
Could you ask him for me ?
That would be a great help and would ease up my anxiety :sweat_smile:

I’ll do my best. Please allow me a couple days.

Thank you so so much :clap:t3::clap:t3:

no. once your naturalization is aproved, you are already a national. check the instruction to register your household registration after you get a TARC and stay for a certain period. there is a document you need to provide when you are divorced.

3 Likes

No problems, are you planning to regain your Italian citizenship after naturalisation?

Arigatou ne ! :blush::blush:

No, don’t think so ! I heard it’s possible but I don’t really want to face all this bureaucratic crap

Roughly it’s getting the permit to live in Italy and then applying back in the commune. I want to do it, but I and other people might be willing to split the lawyer’s fees and make it easy.

1 Like

What I am looking at now is to apply for the plum blossom APRC, which allows naturalisation without renounciation.

I need to get a few things sorted to apply for it, mainly getting the biz of my company up here, cuddling more the FSC contact I got so I can get the recommendation letter from them recognising my “senior foreign professional” status.

Well, I wouldn’t like to go through it too, that’s why I’m looking into this route. But tbh, knowing our “”“most efficient”“” bureacracy, it should be easy to reget the citizenship. Once the official from the comune comes to check that you are actually living in the place you stated for your residence, that’s it, you are registered again, and can move out foerver again.

2 Likes

Nope. After naturalising your residency is no longer dependent on your spouse. The naturalisation instructions even mention the process for initial household registration for those who divorced after naturalising and and obtained a TARC through naturalisation.

Apply for Permanent Resident Certificate Of R.O.C.

1. One set of Permanent Residence Application Form, including one recent frontal-view color photo taken within the past year (refer to the photo specifications required for the renewal of national ID cards).

2. Residency Certificate in R.O.C.

3. The Household Certificate or National ID Card of the spouse bearing the citizenship of the R.O.C. (The original document will be returned after inspection; Divorced
couples are exempt from this requirement).
4. Health examination certificate certified passed in the recent three months (issued by Department of Health’s appointed hospitals and in compliance with Table B of the
health examination items).

5. Other relevant certificates; for example if the applicant has divorced from a spouse bearing the citizenship of R.O.C., the applicant must provide the house tax statement
with the initial household registration or leasing contract, 1 original copy, 1 photocopy (original will be returned after verification) 6. Registered, stamped and self-addressed envelope.
7. Certificate fee of NT$600.

My computer isn’t playing ball but this is copy and pasted from the Flowchart for the

Application for Naturalization in Marriages between Foreign Nationals and R.O.C. Citizens and Household Registration on the HHR website

Which offers the possibility for naturalisation without renunciation. Not guaranteed.

Wanna split the cost of a lawyer and all three do it together or learn the process together?

We’ll buy a €1 house in Calabria or something to stay in. Lmao

1 Like

only if I can’t do the naturalisation without renunciation haha.

yeah, true, but if you get the plum blossom card, highly unlikely they turn you down. Basically you skip that ugly panel at MOI to assess your “contributions to the country”, you are deemed already as senior foreign professional, so unless clerical issues, should be fine.

Then, it’s TW…

Take nothing for granted if the ID card is not in your hands.

1 Like