One big reason Americans are broke and overweight

maybe, its not just America…When I was in Europe, tons of fat fucks, when I was in Australia, tons of fat fucks. Looking around Taiwan these days, way more fat fucks.

People like to shit on the US because its a cheap shot you can get away with (Americans won’t scream racism or get butthurt) but remember this…things happen in the US first, they are the global trend setter, so it won’t be long before many of your countrymen are fat fucks (they probably already are and you are in denial),

3 Likes

Jeez Louise talk about thin skin. The title is the title…If you want to start another thread nobody is stopping you.

1 Like

not thin skinned, didn’t really think it was directed at anyone or particularly angry. Just having a bit of a laugh to be honest.

Being overweight and obese is not exclusively an overweight thing. Yes, Taiwanese have been getting fatter as well, along with european nations. But the obesity problem is pretty big in the US. I think something like half of deaths and medical costs go towards issues related to being overweight like heart disease and diabetes in the US.

Within OECD countries the USA has the highest obesity rate, although Australia and the UK aren’t far off and the rates in those countries are increasing more rapidly (as, I think, we would expect). The USA does have sections of society who are genetically more likely to become obese.

Also, I think your argument about shitting on the US being a “cheap shot” is weakened somewhat when you then describe people struggling with their weight as “fat fucks”. You kind of lose the moral high ground there.

Obesity is now a problem in Egypt:

As well as India:

And Ethiopia:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6036672/

And Mexico:

And Papua New Guinea:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19583100

It has been for decades.

Lmao, people like to shit on the US because AMERICANS ARE JUST FATTER. It is a FACT.

Just get used to it. There are fat fucks everywhere but America has the most. Just accept that your country is a fatass and it’s getting fatter and fatter.

Your chart says there are 15 countries with more

Those are all Pacific or Caribbean islands about to be wiped out by rising sea level, aka no1curr.

1 Like

Yeah, let us know when it actually happens. Waiting with bated breath.

Yeah yeah yeah. Keep telling yourself that you are a skinny and healthy people because there are 15 tiny countries fatter than you. :roll:

So the brown people living on small islands don’t matter?

That’s not very “woke” of you.

2 Likes

I think this is a pretty big contributing factor. Diet is still the number one culprit in terms of what makes one large, but it doesn’t help that the modern world has become much more sedentary. A lot more desk jobs and computer-based work. Even at home, nearly endless sources of entertainment can be accessed from screens both large and small that you can view from a seated or reclined position.

What is it they say, sitting is the new smoking…

1 Like

The problem with sedentary lifestyles is people no longer know what a seriously active lifestyle is. You can eat complete sugar laden crap while working on a farm and not gain weight.

1 Like

Oh no ! I enjoy both. Pretty sure smoking keeps my weight down, with only the slight problem of slowly killing me. I need to sit a lot .:hugs:

1 Like

New Year! Quit now and you’ll gain another 5 years.

2 Likes

I may not want another 5 years . I’m here for a good time…not a long time :wink:

2 Likes

Well, yes and no, after a certain point your metabolism is bound to slow down and you won’t be able to outrun a poor diet anymore. But yeah, people who have to expend a lot of energy every single day can get away with eating more junk than the rest of us. Their bodies need those calories to sustain that level of output, so really, they have to.

The really tricky thing is the amount of exercise and the diet a person has to follow in order to be healthy can be different from the amount of exercise and diet they have to follow in order to be not fat. In the end, healthy looks a little different on everyone, and that changes as you grow older, too.

1 Like

Moreover, as per local regulations to become a licensed baker, they teach and test for the ability to add those additives to the bread making process. As a result, tests include mathematical and chemical formulas as if it were a Ph.D. in Chemistry.