‘Online’ Bank’s xenophobic reasoning for denying "foreigners" the ability to open an account online

today, for whomever is interested, I am finally lodging my administrative appeal application against the FSC for their inaction against Line bank barring foreigners and citizens born abroad from applying to their service.

It is an infuriatingly unfriendly process since there are no actual explanations on the website (even in Chinese) on how to do it, had to send a complaint on how to complain, an FSC officer called me after a few days explaining to me (in Chinese, but fine to me) the procedure and emailing me the form to be submitted in original via post (or in person at their offices in Banqiao).

As I understood from the Administrative Appeal Act, if the outcome of this appeal with the FSC is still not satisfactory (which might likely be since the appeal is lodged with the FSC against their Bank Bureau) the last resort would be appealing to the Executive Yuan since the FSC reports directly to that.

Not going to be fast, so don’t hold your breath folks.

15 Likes