Online Dating - Taiwan

Relax, it’s a numbers game. There are plenty where she came from. Chin up and keep at it.

Go to Forumosa Friends or just hang out here. There are a lot of hot babes here looking for a date.

I noticed on OKCupid that it is not uncommon for a gal to list money under ‘The six things I could never do without’… what’s the meaning behind that if anything?

^ I think it’s because having money means a lot in Asia…but I could be wrong…

Just wondering does anyone know if paktor, tinder, badoo and any of those apps are popular in taiwan?

Ps I know this is a dumb question but, what does "here’s my line: " mean? Is it for msn?

[quote=“Andrewlaw92”]^ I think it’s because having money means a lot in Asia…but I could be wrong…

Just wondering does anyone know if paktor, tinder, badoo and any of those apps are popular in Taiwan?

Ps I know this is a dumb question but, what does "here’s my line: " mean? Is it for msn?[/quote]

Line is a messaging App, really big in Taiwan.

[quote=“Lanewandy”]If you use okcupid, you can find a lot Taiwan girls wanna white guys. I am opposite. I am looking for a nice white girl.
I am a different kind of Taiwanese, I lived in the US. for a long time. basically, I am already a banana. Speak fluent English. Any idea for me to find nice white girls ?[/quote]

Age?

Let’s be honest here… most of the foreigners here in Taiwan have no friends back at home.

You might be “most” sire, however I am not!

Anybody with a comprehensive list and pros-cons? preferably real life experience using these sites?

1. Match - Paid
  2. POF - Free
  3. OKCupid - Free
  4. Minglonaire - Free

Any more English ones? I realize there are many for Chinese audience, but I am not interested in those.

I got a handful of close friends… not sure why you have that assumption. Most foreigners like me that I know live here for work or to date Taiwanese girls, not because they’re so lonely back at home… but that’s just my circle of friends, so maybe you know something I don’t…

[quote=“Jenny_Chen”]Anybody with a comprehensive list and pros-cons? preferably real life experience using these sites?

1. Match - Paid
  2. POF - Free
  3. OKCupid - Free
  4. Minglonaire - Free

Any more English ones? I realize there are many for Chinese audience, but I am not interested in those.[/quote]

Forumosa Friends (part of the Worldfriends network, so same page and user base as for example HeyPersonals, friendly taiwanease, and Taiwan Ho! Connections) should be free for females (as your nick suggests you are). For males you need to pay to contact people, but from my experience it’s worth it: Tons of all kind of people from Taiwan seem to use this, and very many speak great English. Young to old, male or female, with all kinds of interests and hobbies, many looking just for friends but some also open for much more… I got to know many really nice people there that I’m still in contact with many years later, and even ended up married to one of them - although that was just by chance, not planned :wink:

Apart from that, the free personals sections of for example Tealit and ESL99 according to my experience allow you to get into contact easily with many people, although generally there seems to be more interest in dating than just being friends. At least the female audience seems to be more mature, with seemingly few teens and not so many twens using this.

Other free services that I only have limited experience with, but that do offer quite a few members based in Taiwan, would be:

• The Taiwan Craigslist
  • Plenty of Fish
  • DateInAsia

Another paid (at least for males) option I had good experience with would be AsianFriendFinder. Again very mixed audience, so it’s easy to find interesting people.

Finally, if you are interested in a strictly non-platonic way, surely the paid (again, for males) Adult Friend Finder is the way to go in terms of dating websites. Best results of course if you master Chinese, but plenty of action also for English only speakers.

what percent of Taiwanese ladies speak enough English to at least have a decent conversation ?

I saw that as more of a problem !

@ 2555chris or the problem is your inability to read/write/speak chinese.

I’d say English would be preferred language on websites that are in English. I don’t see any reason why my ability to speak Chinese would be questioned on such websites.

For anyone who’s curious, Tinder is very active and there seems to be a very large pool of internationally-minded individuals using it. The physical appearance of the clientele obviously ranges, but I’d say the average is pretty good (judging by their pictures). Unfortunately apparently no-one told them that Tinder was for dating and hookups, because 99% of them say “I want to make friends only” or “I only want language exchange”, which may be code for “I’m not a slut” but who knows? I’m not the handsomest guy in the world but I get a steady stream of matches, so no doubt you could too.

I decided to try it because I work afternoons and evenings 5-7 days a week, so I’m not getting out much or meeting new people anymore. I’m not sure I’d recommend it, despite the enormous pool of customers it has. I think if you had more free time than I do, you’d be better served going to social events, getting a hobby or going clubbing, although these-days most clubs I’ve been to have been very male-heavy.

I always looked at adult friend finder ages ago when I was single and desperate :sunglasses:

That must have been many moons ago. Really.

I guarantee you that it wouldnt be hard for you to find a girlfriend here in taiwan! Since taiwanese girls goes craZy when they see foreigners! Ya know, blond hair, white, blue eyes! Lol

Just got a SMS message on my phone.

「網路交友小心詐騙」,詐騙集團常利用網路交友平臺進行詐騙,如交友對象要求借貸、轉帳匯款,請小心謹慎避免受害,警政署165 關心您!

Plenty of scammers out there both male and female - never give, or send money to anyone. Do some basic checks, back search photos, ask for a live video chat, or a photo with recent newspaper included, genuine people will oblige.