Online Dating - Taiwan

ha, this is just what i always tried to explain to my english ex ages ago who’d never ever been abroad. you nailed it well at the point that chinese/taiwanese guy is “an unintentional misogynist by western standards”. you say it for me though he would never know what i really mean to say…

ha, this is just what I always tried to explain to my english ex ages ago who’d never ever been abroad. you nailed it well at the point that chinese/taiwanese guy is “an unintentional misogynist by western standards”. you say it for me though he would never know what i really mean to say…[/quote]

I am going to call horseshit on parts of the message above. I don’t deny that there are lots of available women, but to insult Chinese males and say they are too traditional and unable to attract professional women? That is BS and borderline racist.

If anything, economics and 5000 years of glorious history make the Chinese male more of a catch than the English teacher that is deep in debt. First of all, they understand the culture and language and can interact better with the girl’s parents. Second of all, they usually have more educational diversity and have been educated in professions outside of the buxiban, and last of all they often have substantial family money if they live in Taipei and are professional, meaning they aren’t foreign teachers attracted by jobs that have little benefit packages and that often aren’t increased to match inflation. Furthermore, many of these education migrant workers send money back to pay student debt or to support parents in council estates or old age homes.

Hell, many of these people will spend 10 percent of their just over 20 K annual salaries to fly back to Canuckistan, Saffieland or to engage their addictions in Thailand.

Now there are open minded women that decide to have relationships with foreigners and that is cool. But don’t slag the locals because they could easily slag most (not all) foreigners.

ha, this is just what I always tried to explain to my english ex ages ago who’d never ever been abroad. you nailed it well at the point that chinese/taiwanese guy is “an unintentional misogynist by western standards”. you say it for me though he would never know what i really mean to say…[/quote]

I am going to call horseshit on parts of the message above. I don’t deny that there are lots of available women, but to insult Chinese males and say they are too traditional and unable to attract professional women? That is BS and borderline racist.[/quote]
I got up to here and I was thinking, “Bravo!” Then you lost me with the all English teachers are scum tirade.

[quote=“ChewDawg”]If anything, economics and 5000 years of glorious history make the Chinese male more of a catch than the English teacher that is deep in debt. First of all, they understand the culture and language and can interact better with the girl’s parents. Second of all, they usually have more educational diversity and have been educated in professions outside of the buxiban, and last of all they often have substantial family money if they live in Taipei and are professional, meaning they aren’t foreign teachers attracted by jobs that have little benefit packages and that often aren’t increased to match inflation. Furthermore, many of these education migrant workers send money back to pay student debt or to support parents in council estates or old age homes.

Hell, many of these people will spend 10 percent of their just over 20 K annual salaries to fly back to Canuckistan, Saffieland or to engage their addictions in Thailand.

Now there are open minded women that decide to have relationships with foreigners and that is cool. But don’t slag the locals because they could easily slag most (not all) foreigners.[/quote]
That said, I still agree with many parts of what you said. Many local guys are decent solid guys that would be considered a good catch. The ones I know generally treat their ladies like princesses, and they definitely have a huge advantage in the cultural and linguistic stakes.
But there are also some real heels. For the same measure, it’s also true of ESL teachers. Some are in solid stable careers and do very well for themselves. Others are more like what you describe. Bit of truth on both sides.

I’d rather say there are plenty of eligible women about, and if you’re a decent solid type that can offer some form of security you can’t but do well.

I am going to call horseshit on parts of the message above. I don’t deny that there are lots of available women, but to insult Chinese males and say they are too traditional and unable to attract professional women? That is BS and borderline racist.[/quote]

I got up to here and I was thinking, “Bravo!” Then you lost me with the all English teachers are scum tirade.

I’d rather say there are plenty of eligible women about, and if you’re a decent solid type that can offer some form of security you can’t but do well.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Dunno, I thought his post was pretty balanced. He makes it quite clear that its a generalisation, but as such, its pretty unassailable.

The majority of foreigners here are in transient, and/or relatively insecure/low paid jobs. This doesn’t make them “scum” (as I understand the term) but it does make them financially-challenged. Re “scum”, a lot of them are relatively young and may tend to be subject to yellow fever, making them fidelity-challenged.

I’ve got the first problem. I’m probably too old for the second one to be a big deal, but that makes me longevity-challenged. I understand my girlfriends parents hostility.

the truth is local dudes are much like foreign dudes under the skin. And local women are the same. Just peeps afterall.

IM hapa/hapa and I know the real story. There aint much different. Its all up to the individual.

And while there may be a huge pool of women/ladies in taiwan who MAY be single, it doesnt mean that they are EASY necessarily to meet or for a relationship.

Many of them are single because they live in a closed world where they are inaccessible. And many because they have been single most or all of their lives are pieces of work that need a lot of rehab to become good mates. A lot of them are not easy to work with.

There must be many hidden gems though, but they are hidden.

And some, by the way, have ZERO sex drive. And thats why they are single.
Cuz they dotn mingle

Hi there!
I may gues you arrived in Taiwan already…How is taiwan? I am Female and interesting to have more friends…Cheers!

[quote=“gsm”][color=#BF0000]MODERATOR NOTE:[/color] [color=#000080]This thread is about ONLINE DATING. It’s NOT about “You’re such a loser if you cant pick up guys/gals in a bar”. Please keep it on-topic. Xie Xie.[/color]

Are there any good sites for Taipei where one can meet girls. I am moving to Taiwan later on this year so I will be on my own and I wanted to try and make friends with people who will be around where I will be at. This way I won’t be completly on my own. The other question is how hard is it for a single white male who has had no kind of dating experience ever to find a date. I will be doing IT work and I will have my own 1 bedroom apartment. But I have no experience with girls. What can I do to prepare my self before I arrive. I should point out that I moving after the second week in september[/quote]

what is the largest local (in Chinese) Taiwanese dating site?

I have a feeling I’m drunkenly forgetting some obvious huge site, but certainly i-Part is very big (Yahoo bought a significant stake in them not long back, IIRC). ECFriend, a HK company, have been advertising heavily here for the last year or so and presumably have some users.

And of course mobile dating apps are very popular – in particular Skout and iAround for straight people and Grindr and Jack’d for gay men. I’m sure there are lots of others I don’t know about.

If it’s any help here is a completely free site if you want to meet Europeans:
http://findarling.com
I am the founder.
If you have any questions you can ask me.

I’ve lived in Taipei and US for most of my life, and 4 other countries (Japan, Korea, Canada and Germany). I don’t know about the statements of local Taiwanese guys have any truths to them, but here’s what I’ve seen in my circle of the world:

1. Asian guys in general, to us foreigners (I’m an American with Chinese/French/Vietnamese background), have really bad reps in the western world (i.e. not good lovers, not passionate people, etc, etc)
  2. Tiny percent Asian girls adore only non-Asian guys in their countries (just look at the ones after US military-foreign based guys) and would date them exclusively
  3. Majority of Asian girls would only date Asian guys. It’s just cultural and/or family culture
  4. Asian guys have really hard time in Europe dating non-Asian girls, but those couples exist!
  5. Asian guys have really really hard time casually dating good looking non-Asian girls in US (talking exclusively west and east coasts where I grew up), but in terms of marriage material, high end. I mean professional good looking non-Asian ladies LOVE to marry one/have serious relationships with one. I know personally because I’ve been approached by some in my life and I’m talking girls considered by my peer ‘out of my league’.
  6. Asian guys are highly treasured by the gay community worldwide, and that might have some negative effects on straight Asian guys dating world in western world. BTW, stop eating/drinking soy stuff, they have estrogen in them (soy sauce ok)
  7. Asian-American guys are better lovers as most of my non-Asian female friends have stated to me and also most of them do unfortunately tell me their penis-size are average, but still better lovers than most of their non-Asian lovers. They just don’t broadcast that.
  8. Straight Asian guys worried too much about dating hot non-Asian girls in the western world. Not because non-Asian girls reject them (it is a myth, lots of them desire Asian guys), but non-Asian guys cock-blocking them, which I don’t understand because why care about guys when your goal is dating girls? Hell, I’ve even converted a hot redhead friend to date Asian guys exclusively after I was her first Asian boyfriend (she dated all black guys and 2 white guys in her life).

Well, that’s all I know.

Wll F*ck im screwed

for finding women in taiwan, i usually use asiandating. There is probably a better one out there but that is the one i use and it is pretty good for finding asians or taiwanese people. You can probably get to know more at freedatinghelper.com/reviews … ating-com/ if it interest you.

Smart phone APPs are growing rapidly. You could reach Taiwanese easily by some APPs such as SKOUT which has a filter function to find out the people near your location, city, country and so forth. As to the Internet website, you could try i-part.com.tw, love.pchome.com.tw. Another one, ecfriend.com is hosted by HK. But I wouldn’t suggest the locals if you don’t speak Chinese.

dateinasia.com is good if you like Filipina girls like myself:)

Hey, can you tell me what are the most popular hookup apps here ? How is Tinder doing?

I have the same problem. I just moved back in Taichung from the U.S. and don’t know where to find friends to hang out, especially while I am living in Taichung.
I was in the states since 2007 and moved back last week and found out things have been changed so much. Ah well, hope there is someone can tell me where to make some friends.

[quote=“anniewu”]I have the same problem. I just moved back in Taichung from the U.S. and don’t know where to find friends to hang out, especially while I am living in Taichung.
I was in the states since 2007 and moved back last week and found out things have been changed so much. Ah well, hope there is someone can tell me where to make some friends.[/quote]
Ive sent a PM

I know Tinder is big in the States but not sure that it really took off here in Taiwan. Skout was the app I used a couple of years ago and it was great for meeting people. Kind of a numbers game though. Have to meet and chat with a lot of people before finding a connection. I guess that’s par for the course for location-based social apps.

forumosafriends and plentyoffish. On the former, I met my girlfriend and I also met some people to play guitar with.

Can anyone provide any tips when messaging Taiwanese girls either on Line or websites?

Ive been failing miserably. I cant seem to grasp what Taiwanese courtship goes or Im just utterly useless. I messaged this girl today and though the app was meant to be for singles. She later changed her DP to her and another guy.

Damn Im getting burnt