Online Dating - Taiwan

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Lanewandy”]If you use okcupid, you can find a lot Taiwan girls wanna white guys. I am opposite. I am looking for a nice white girl.
I am a different kind of Taiwanese, I lived in the US. for a long time. basically, I am already a banana. Speak fluent English. Any idea for me to find nice white girls ?[/quote]

go to ahmerika. ? :laughing:[/quote]
Aaaah, the “go to the fountain” advice. Not bad. :smiley:

I’ve been using OK Cupid for the three months since I got here. I had used online dating in general for over a year in the US before I came here.

I had used AsianFriendFinder in the US and had a few IM convos with Mainlanders but other than that nothing too terribly interesting. Maybe it would be a different story if you were already in East Asia, though.

First of all, Taiwanese women are much more apt to reply to my messages. It’s quite refreshing, even if it doesn’t lead anywhere. Sometimes you get girls that drag conversations out and don’t directly answer questions or let you maneuver the conversation in such a way that you can non-awkwardly propose meeting together. Those girls are lame. Or the ones who randomly stop messaging (probably because a cuter guy messaged them). But actually there seems to be way less paranoia about meeting people in person who you’ve met online. I’m pretty sure all of the girls who do online dating in the US paradoxically think all men who do online dating are rapists (based on how often I got responses). How that mentality is working out for them, I can only guess.

Although it is crappy for people to be more willing to contact you simply because your race/citizenship is a novelty, it is kind of nice that girls here (SEEM) to know what they want a little more. I’m sure some of the more experienced board members are having a chuckle…

Anyway.

I’ve met… 4 women on OK Cupid. Two were purely LE (one of those two will be dropping by with a friend tomorrow for dinner). One let me couchsurf at her place when I visited Taizhong (no interest both ways, though + she was in the middle of a divorce, not good). One helped me find a good church here. I had used OK Cupid for about a year in the US; never even met any of the people who did bother to message back. It’s a very good service. I wish other dating sites would follow suit.

The only thing about online dating is that how people look online vs how they look in person can fluctuate. You’d be amazed how good a DSLR camera can make people look :slight_smile: .

Plenty of fish doesn’t seem to want me to be able to register because I’m attempting to do so from Taiwan? I had an acct with them before in the US, can’t seem to get one now.

In general online dating sucks.

Well, I met my bf on heypersonals (heypersonals.com/welcome/)

We both used free accounts, and then he found me on facebook by my nickname, though I put there reference to my other website through which I could be easily contacted :slight_smile: Tealit really works more for Taiwan, I had few blind dates through it before too, with both foreign guys and Taiwanese :slight_smile: so I can reccomend it I guess.

Agnes

[quote=“Ed en Vadrouille”]To get back on topic, there are boatloads of applications on Facebook for this kind of use. Just using the hot or not application you will find an amazing amound of cute taiwanese girls.
Damn… why am i not single again…[/quote]

ether you stick online for too long or those methods are not working for you. :wink:

damn!! I am single too, new here. :laughing:

You can use OKCUPID, plenty of fishes and match.com in Taiwan. Okcupid is free with great service !

anyone tried www.taiwanho.com?

:bravo:

[quote=“whywhywhy”]ok, here you are guys,

last day I had my first blind date experince in Taiwan which made me feel too bad. Me and my date were going to meet at a metro station and I as a little early, maybe 10-15 mins.

I had seen her pics before but just a limited number of them, so i knew what she was supposed to look like. Then, I started to wait there. I was looking at the other girls on the station, there were plenty of them in 15 mins, some good ones, ok ones and “not date me” ones.

Then the time came and my “date” has arrived. I can simply say that she was absolutely the worst one of all of them, even worse than really old women there. Those ones can be tricky most of the time, just be careful!!![/quote]

OH GOD, NO! THE HUMANITY!!! WHY, GOD, WHY? WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE!!!

She wasn’t even one of the “ok ones” :frowning:
I tell you, why why why, I am miffed on your behalf.

for most, looks ARE everything i guess

Seems to me, that xiaojie dodged a bullet IMVHO. :2cents:

But did you have sex?

I got an online dating membership just before leaving Taiwan. Wanted to motivate myself about life back in the States.

I got a “wink” or “poke” or whatever it was from some guy when I checked mail in HK (booked a few days there as a buffer between Taiwan life and return to the States). Poked back. Couldn’t be asked to be the first one to actually write something. He wrote back, I responded politely but wasn’t nearby and was kind of involved in my own leaving-Taiwan and jetlag stuff.

Three weeks later, life in the lovely countryside with my parents had gotten boring. Thought, “hmm, wasn’t there some guy from that site before?” Looked up the email. Had coffee. Got engaged four months later. Married seven years now.

Yay! A success story! Congratulations! :bravo:

I have a strict, “No-poking-before-your-first-chat rule” for my daughters.

The dating game can be dangerous.

Yes. I met my wife on Forumosa.com, so you might try that one. They even have Happy Hours where you can meet other posters.

Making scrambled eggs is more difficult.
[/quote]

i actually came to this site and registered just because i hear this all the time, but i have no clue what to do. I’m helpless.

Yes. I met my wife on Forumosa.com, so you might try that one. They even have Happy Hours where you can meet other posters.

[/quote]

i actually came to this site and registered just because I hear this all the time, but I have no clue what to do. I’m helpless.[/quote]

Its so hard to use right?

[/quote]

i actually came to this site and registered just because I hear this all the time, but I have no clue what to do. I’m helpless.[/quote]

Its so hard to use right?[/quote]
You boys need to get out more. Go to clubs, get language exchanges, do some volunteer stuff like Animals Taiwan.

For god-seeks when u fallen love or marry someone then u feels that’s…you are die… :roflmao:

Language exchange, anyone? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
Making scrambled eggs is more difficult.[/quote]
Scrambled eggs always leave me in the end. Rimshot! :smiley:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2