Online International Wire Transfer (SWIFT) Allowance From TW Banks

Hello,

I have a question that I hope you guys can help me answer. I was wondering if its possible to do an international wire transfer (SWIFT) online from TW bank(s) either over sea or locally. If yes, what’s the requirement and limitation on wiring amount allowance?

Thank you in advance!

Cathay bank - you can call them and inquire.

1 Like

I don’t know online , but I have experience with Taiwan Bank , the requirement was to provide my ARC , Passport and also the purpose of the wire transfer

Types of Remittance:
D/Draft, M/T, T/T

Qualifiied Applicants:

1. ROC nationals 20 years old or above.
  2. Foreign individuals or corporations.
  3. Corporations or organizations.

Currencies of Remittance:
All types of foreign currencies formally listed by Bank of Taiwan.

Documents Required:

1. Individual Identity Card(ARC) - ID Card, Passport, Long-term Certificate of Residence (APRC).

2. Corporate Registration Form, or the latest Corporate Change Registration Form, Business Registration Certificate, and approval issued by the competent authority, etc.

I don’t think there is a limitation , however you need to pay for the Bank Charges+Postage which is 420NTD

source:

1 Like

If you have online banking set up with Cathay you can do SWIFT transfers up to 500,000 ntd. Other banks may be different.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the information. I do use Cathay bank and I plan to visit the branch and ask for additional information! Thanks again!

1 Like

An update today from Cathay Bank:

You can do online transfer up to 450k USD and for NTD $500,000 NTD. However, there’s an application that you must complete to activate online international wire. Application requires a destination bank but doesn’t necessary means you have to transfer fund upon submitting the application. They just need to have an initial transfer destination for the setup. Obviously this requires a foreign currency account with Cathay Bank. Hope this helps someone.

Not so sure about other banks.

3 Likes

Just a small correction, you don’t need a foreign currency account. If you do the transfer from a ntd account they will convert for you and let you know what that conversion is before doing the transfer.

1 Like