Opel Vectra 3.2 exec edition

has anyone posting here ever owned one of those?
i’m about to buy one,i was curious about feedback

i’ve owned a vauxall carlton and loved every bit of it

I rented a Vauxhall version of that car last time I was in the UK. Nice car.

:noway:

I worked for Opel/Vauxhall, and they stopped sending parts under warranty as they took longer to replace than taking the entire engine out. Time was the issue with those cars as they would break down faster than you could fix them so we had customers lining up around the block under warranty. Opel/Vauxhall decided to just transplant whole items to reduce the time taken to get cars back on the road. I terminated my employment there after a few months as I couldn’t work on such ****, it was too frustrating. I went back to work on Subaru and Suzuki. That’s my take on the Opel brand.

I think the last good Vauxhalls were the Carltons, Cavaliers and Novas.

Why are they so popular among hire companies and as fleet cars? I mean, people at home even call Vectras “rep cars.”

Cheap! Cars under warranty aren’t as frustrating to companies as they are to private owners.

sorry it’s actually the omega i’m buying, why did i say vectra i don’t know…

I worked for Opel/Vauxhall, and they stopped sending parts under warranty as they took longer to replace than taking the entire engine out. Time was the issue with those cars as they would break down faster than you could fix them so we had customers lining up around the block under warranty. Opel/Vauxhall decided to just transplant whole items to reduce the time taken to get cars back on the road. I terminated my employment there after a few months as I couldn’t work on such ****, it was too frustrating. I went back to work on Subaru and Suzuki. That’s my take on the Opel brand.

I think the last good Vauxhalls were the Carltons, Cavaliers and Novas.[/quote]

My Dad had a V6 Omega ten years ago. It took 47 years and 500000000 pounds to change the cam belt as they had to take the engine out and dismantle it to do so. My Rover I6 and V8 and Ford V6 cars all had chains and cost four pence to service.

Very crampt engine bay and expensive to maintain.

Very comfy though and went like a bomb. My Dad got his for next to nothing at just under a year old and it started to go wrong at about 4 years old. An executive car needs to last longer than four years!!! My old Granada was still going at 15 when I sold it for less than the tyres it was wearing!

I wouldn’t buy one of these motors myself. Big rear-wheel drive is fun, but in Taipei I’d get a boring car as there’s nowhere to drive the bleeding thing anyway. In fact in Taipei I’d just rent one. If I lived elsewhere I’d get some sort of jeep-like contraption. I rented a Suzuki Vitara automatic in Thailand this year but it wouldn’t pull the skin off custard. I liked the RWD with optional 4WD thing and it was suprisingly good off road even on raod tyres. It didn’t fall over either when presented with a moose.