Strange phenomenon lately: a lot of friends and acquaintances lately have told me about their looking into opening their own bushiban. This has gotten me wondering about whether this is a good idea.
In my experience, there is usually a lot more involved with doing this sort of thing than what you can see from the outside. I have taught English in the past, so I know the business from that angle. What I’m wondering is what it takes to successfully open up and run a bushiban.
Among the areas I’m curious about:
- Investment amount needed.
- Legal issues: licensing, taxes, sponsoring foreign teachers, etc.
- Open a franchise vs. your own independent school.
- Any special issues a foreigner may face.
- Practical issues: hours, hiring, parents, etc.
- Location, location, location.
Is there anyone with practical experience who can share?