Opening Shopee Merchant Account

Has anyone had any success getting pass the KYC verification step in Shopee. I want to sell goods as a company.
Or is Shopee another application which is anti-foreigner?
Any advice?

What’s the problem that happened when you tried? I’m registered as a seller but have never sold anything. I think I just did it out of curiosity.

I don’t remember having any problems. Why couldn’t you do it?

It says this when I get to the last step.
Did you register using a business or individual? I tried both and both failed.

As an individual.

I’ve done it twice now (the second time was after updating my ARC number), and both times were fine. Are you entering your name etc. exactly as it appears on your ARC?

Yes. Exactly. But it won’t accept my English name. It says to enter a valid name. So, I tried my Chinese name. It took it with no error message but when I got to the end it said the KYC error.

Okay, your information tells me it will accept an ARC. As it says, there is something wrong with my personal details. I double checked my birthday (in Taiwan year format). I checked that Tainan City was selected as ARC issuance location(it was indicated by 南市, which is an odd representation of Tainan, but I confirmed it is correct). I THINK I selected the correct issuance type.

Is it perhaps that you’re trying to register as though you’ve got a Taiwanese ID rather than an ARC?

I only vaguely remember the procedure and I can’t check now because I’ve already done it, but I seem to recall a “foreigner” option where you choose your nationality from a drop-down menu then take pictures of your ARC. I don’t remember the “issued location” and “issued type” fields, and I think I would remember if I’d encountered them (because I don’t know what they mean).

1 Like

Was that the issue, @teacherfei, or can you still not register?

Still can’t register even after getting a Taiwanese to help me. @Andrew
Thanks for your help though.

Success at last. @Andrew. The issue is one needs to select their country of origin. The site doesn’t tell you that. I assumed I had to select Taiwan because I’m here and I’m dealing with shopper’s Taiwan site. But when I chose Taiwan, it tried to validate my ID against a Taiwan citizen database.
I hope the next person who has this trouble will see my solution.
Again, thank you for your help.

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to tell you with this:

…that you need to choose your nationality not “Taiwan”. I thought it was clear, sorry. Good that you got it sorted.

1 Like

After reading it again, I see that you already gave me the answer. lol. It was clear. I guess I was just tired after trying it a hundred times.

1 Like