Orange tastes like mint?

We went to fruit market today and bought some “Australian oranges”. What a surprise when we had our after dinner today and they tasted as if infused with mint!
We tried a couple of them and they all tasted like that.
Any idea of what kind of orange that is?

1 Like

called COVID-19-infused oranges. Affects taste buds.

2 Likes

A lot of the fruit Taiwan imports appears to be just rejects from the supermarket grading system in other countries. Another case of that?

1 Like

For the record, the taste was good!
Kind of refreshing, even!

Maybe sprays and/or the boogeyman. But to be honest, some citrus peels do have a bitter/astringent “mintiness” to them. Maybe your palate is just better now? Maybe something else you ate changed your palate temporarily? This iften happens. Try the same fruit tomorrow and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I liked it a lot, so I may be trying it the whole week!
:joy:

4 Likes

Let us know how the taste evolves :slight_smile:

Smoke a cigarette and drink some milk. Drink some lemonade then eat some cheese. Chew a miracle fruit then eat a tomato etc. Fun times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you suggesting my diet for the week? :smirk:

3 Likes

No, but now that you mention it include beer after sour and whiskey prior to mango.

1 Like

I’ll make sure to follow it. :grin:

Anyway, my wife ate one and reported that she also found a minty taste in the orange.
The plot thickens… :ponder:

1 Like

I checked WebMD. They say you have cancer :idunno:

3 Likes

Phew! :relieved:
I was afraid it was COVID! :relieved:

4 Likes

They would have been a Navel and Valencia orange. Both are good. More flavour full than most fruit from northern hemisphere.

1 Like

Tea tree orange hybrid?

1 Like

From Australia?
:thinking:

I’m kidding, but there’s a special type of tea tree there that produces a minty oil. Maybe they dunk the oranges in that oil.

1 Like

I eat some again. Same nice minty taste.
I guess I’ll have to go back to the shop and ask it. :idunno:

is that the one people here have been growing from Australia for oils? was quite the fashion for growers for a few years.

1 Like

Yes its not actually related to Chinese tea but a native plant called ‘tea tree’. Medicinal properties.