Orchid Island / Lanyu flights

Hello,

As Daily Air’s website isn’t working and the airport doesn’t seem to be receiving calls, I am wondering if it is necessary to book a flight. If we just show up can we hop on the next one?

Also, if the flights don’t work out, how hellish is the ferry ride?

Not sure how easily fairy’s are to ride but i found the ferry ok. Not much to do and quite choppy but otherwise ok.

You may have luck turning up at the airport, but I recommend trying to book in advance Daily Air 089362489/362487, 089362485, 07 8014711 Td airport 362675-6, on Lanyu 089732278 Lanyu Airport 089732220 Taitung Airport 089361111. If on the standby list (must go in person) be sure to be in close range when they call out names.

The ferry is not too bad as long as the sea is not too rough - and you avoid having a greasy biendang minutes before getting on.

金星(大發)輪船公司089-281477 興安輪船公司 (Kaishiuan) 089-281047 綠島之星輪船公司

America has the Love Boat, Lanyu has the Barf Boat :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnd30xxDtbU

seems like a really cool place to visit. All those years in Taiwan and I never went !!

[quote=“tommy525”]America has the Love Boat, Lanyu has the Barf Boat :slight_smile:

seems like a really cool place to visit. All those years in Taiwan and I never went !![/quote]

The airplane landing is no joke either! Also, be advised that it is possible to get stranded on Lanyu when the weather is rough, and ferry and plane trips canceled.

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“tommy525”]America has the Love Boat, Lanyu has the Barf Boat :slight_smile:

seems like a really cool place to visit. All those years in Taiwan and I never went !![/quote]

The airplane landing is no joke either! Also, be advised that it is possible to get stranded on Lanyu when the weather is rough, and ferry and plane trips canceled.[/quote]

yes very true. but to my knowledge I think only ONCE did one of those Dorniers land upside down (well only one time it made the news, there may have been more) !! Nobody was hurt and the bird is still flying.

Yes you can truly be stuck there i hear, no planes no boats no nada (better have plenty of green on you, and i dont mean seaweed).