O'Reilly: white Christian male power structure in danger!

Hahahahaha. Oh my LORD ALMIGHTY… We definitely aren’t in the age of PC anymore!

[quote]Bill O’Reilly: But do you understand what the New York Times wants, and the far-left want? They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure, which you’re a part, and so am I, and they want to bring in millions of foreign nationals to basically break down the structure that we have. In that regard, Pat Buchanan is right. So I say you’ve got to cap with a number.

John McCain: In America today we’ve got a very strong economy and low unemployment, so we need addition farm workers, including by the way agriculture, but there may come a time where we have an economic downturn, and we don’t need so many.

O’Reilly: But in this bill, you guys have got to cap it. Because estimation is 12 million, there may be 20 [million]. You don’t know, I don’t know. We’ve got to cap it.

McCain: We do, we do. I agree with you
[/quote]

Well, sorry Billy, but unless you repressed white male Christian Republicans start spending more conjugal time with your wives actually procreating (and less time shagging hookers, perhaps?) then I think your “cap” won’t amount to more than a finger in the leaking dike!

He finally said something that was close to the truth.

I’m reminded of the commentator who, just before the Republican debate noted that, unlike the Democrats, the GOP candidates “looked presidential” i.e. no Negroes, no wetbacks, no girls (ew!).

Oh no, Bill, we can’t have any brown people in power, oh golly no! Or women! Or heathens! Whatever will we do? :unamused:

If they’re so scared of threats to their white, male, christian club, maybe they should get uniforms. I’ve heard uniforms help promote unity, cohesiveness and comraderie. Maybe something like this:

That’s what they wear during the “git the voter out drives” in which they give minority voters a lift to the county line, usually by dragging them behind their pickup trucks.

Yeah, like Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Alberto Gonzalez, or Clarence Thomas.

Clarence Thomas.[/quote]

Um, I think that fool is a seat warmer for some secret Supreme court member. :s

Yeah, like Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Alberto Gonzalez, or Clarence Thomas.[/quote]

Tokens. Uncle Toms. All they do is help reinforce the white, Christian, male power structure that O’Reilly admits exists; they do nothing to counter it. (Except for Powell, who tried, but cowed to the Bushies’ pressure, then wisely left.)

I don’t want to defend O’Reilly and the blather he spits out, but I find the dismissal of any and all minorities as tokens to be hardly a smidge better than what you’re supposedly fighting against. Why can’t a minority honestly hold conservative veiws? Why must a member of a minority group always take the positions that others in that group think favors them? When whites take only the positions that help whites, they rightfully take heat for it, so why should a black person have to take only the positions that favor blacks?

I don’t want to defend O’Reilly and the blather he spits out, but I find the dismissal of any and all minorities as tokens to be hardly a smidge better than what you’re supposedly fighting against. Why can’t a minority honestly hold conservative veiws?[/quote]

The key word there is “honestly”.

Remember, these people were appointed by an administration that, as one commentator put it, “doesn’t care about black people”.

The problem is that they are working for an administration that favors whites and is damaging to minorities, as was made plain in the aftermath of Katrina.

Sure, let’s stop immigration and let those poor suffering white men start doing the menial labor for menial wages. Let them crawl into dumpsters to sort trash, hose down fast food restaurant kitchens at the end of the day, and scrub the killing rooms of a factory farm. And let them do it for wages that wouldn’t support even a single adult, let alone a family.

I am all for ending their suffering. Besides, the thought of Bill O’Reilly sporting a hairnet and a filthy apron turns me on… Grrowl!

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Sure, let’s stop immigration and let those poor suffering white men start doing the menial labor for menial wages. Let them crawl into dumpsters to sort trash, hose down fast food restaurant kitchens at the end of the day, and scrub the killing rooms of a factory farm. And let them do it for wages that wouldn’t support even a single adult, let alone a family.
[/quote]

Umm…I hate to break it to you, but millions of white men (and women) in America do exactly that. Poor whites are America’s largest minority.

[quote]The key word there is “honestly”.

Remember, these people were appointed by an administration that, as one commentator put it, “doesn’t care about black people”. [/quote]

Why does “one commentator” hold any weight at all?

As for the people in question, what grounds do you have for showing that they are dishonest in their beliefs? If you do have such evidence, does it show that they are any more dishonest than your average general politician? I’ve known a number of other educated blacks who subscribed to conservative political positions for the various usual reasons that conservatives give (free markets, property rights, less government spending, morals, etc.). They aren’t the majority, but they are out there.

As for tokenism, well, Condi seems to have quite a bit of influence, I wouldn’t call her a token. Powell, as you pointed out, wasn’t one either. Thomas predates Bush by a long way, and while race undoubtedly played a factor in his selection, if you’ll recall, the practicalites of getting Congressional approval (from Democrats particularly) virtually required that a black justice be selected, so naturally they picked one who favored conservative constitutional interpretation. Besides, with a lifetime appointment his job is secure, so there’s really no need for him to be “dishonest” in his beliefs. Gonzales generally takes the same critism that most Bush officials take, that he was a crony, one of the President’s buddies, etc, but that makes him no more of a token than everyone else Bush has appointed. If anything it shows that the President has an “equal opportunity” policy of crony picking.

[quote=“Quentin”][quote=“ImaniOU”]Sure, let’s stop immigration and let those poor suffering white men start doing the menial labor for menial wages. Let them crawl into dumpsters to sort trash, hose down fast food restaurant kitchens at the end of the day, and scrub the killing rooms of a factory farm. And let them do it for wages that wouldn’t support even a single adult, let alone a family.
[/quote]

Umm…I hate to break it to you, but millions of white men (and women) in America do exactly that. Poor whites are America’s largest minority.[/quote]

They are not the whites Bill O’Reilly is so worked up about being threatened…

[quote=“Chris”]

Remember, these people were appointed by an administration that, as one commentator put it, “doesn’t care about black people”.[/quote]

I hardly call Kanye West a ‘commentator’.

[quote=“redandy”][quote]The key word there is “honestly”.

Remember, these people were appointed by an administration that, as one commentator put it, “doesn’t care about black people”. [/quote]

Why does “one commentator” hold any weight at all?

As for the people in question, what grounds do you have for showing that they are dishonest in their beliefs? If you do have such evidence, does it show that they are any more dishonest than your average general politician? I’ve known a number of other educated blacks who subscribed to conservative political positions for the various usual reasons that conservatives give (free markets, property rights, less government spending, morals, etc.). They aren’t the majority, but they are out there.

As for tokenism, well, Condi seems to have quite a bit of influence, I wouldn’t call her a token. Powell, as you pointed out, wasn’t one either. Thomas predates Bush by a long way, and while race undoubtedly played a factor in his selection, if you’ll recall, the practicalites of getting Congressional approval (from Democrats particularly) virtually required that a black justice be selected, so naturally they picked one who favored conservative constitutional interpretation. Besides, with a lifetime appointment his job is secure, so there’s really no need for him to be “dishonest” in his beliefs. Gonzales generally takes the same critism that most Bush officials take, that he was a crony, one of the President’s buddies, etc, but that makes him no more of a token than everyone else Bush has appointed. If anything it shows that the President has an “equal opportunity” policy of crony picking.[/quote]

Excellent response to Chris there redandy. But don’t expect answers to any of your questions. The idea that conservatives are all evil racists is a dogma of the Left, who perceive no difference between say, 1957 and 2007 in terms of minority rights and accomplishments. You might think that minorities occupying positions of power in all branches of government, industry, and the military would indicate that the power structure of the United States is no longer intrinsically antagonistic to minorities, but apparently that is not the case. If reality contradicts their dogma, then reality must not be as it seems. Those minorities in the government, industry, and military, despite usually holding advanced degrees from the nation’s top universities and military academies, and despite usually having distinguished careers prior to being appointed or elected, and despite being obviously intelligent and capable of arriving at their own political and philosophical beliefs, are in fact nothing but mere puppets of the evil white racist corporate aristocratic military-industrial complex elite, led by none other than evil genius idiot Chimpy McHitlerstein.

[quote=“gao_bo_han”]
Excellent response to Chris there redandy. But don’t expect answers to any of your questions. The idea that conservatives are all evil racists is a dogma of the Left, who perceive no difference between say, 1957 and 2007 in terms of minority rights and accomplishments. You might think that minorities occupying positions of power in all branches of government, industry, and the military would indicate that the power structure of the United States is no longer intrinsically antagonistic to minorities, but apparently that is not the case. If reality contradicts their dogma, then reality must not be as it seems. Those minorities in the government, industry, and military, despite usually holding advanced degrees from the nation’s top universities and military academies, and despite usually having distinguished careers prior to being appointed or elected, and despite being obviously intelligent and capable of arriving at their own political and philosophical beliefs, are in fact nothing but mere puppets of the evil white racist corporate aristocratic military-industrial complex elite, led by none other than evil genius idiot Chimpy McHitlerstein.[/quote]

Well, yes, thanks to that very same Left, society has changed a lot from 1957 to 2007, in spite of conservatives kicking, screaming and fighting against that change all the way.(We all remember those Young Americans for Freedom and College Republicans getting savaged by police dogs in Selma, no?)

But maybe you missed the original post.

“They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure, which you’re a part, and so am I, and they want to bring in millions of foreign nationals to basically break down the structure that we have.”

According to America’s most popular conservative media figure, the white, Christian, male power structure still rules, and it must continue to do so.

Not all conservatives are evil racists- but the ones that aren’t are more than willing to embrace the ones that are- just ask Ann “raghead” Coulter.

Prove that. The death rates for Whites and Blacks were nearly identical and given that the population of New Orleans is mostly Black… the death rates for Whites were actually higher. The key factor was not race but age… most of those who died were elderly and not evacuated.

Also, Imaniou. Careful there. You might be a bit guilty of reverse racism. Would you accept the same kind of comments made about Black men that you are making about White ones? I don’t think so.

Immaterial. O’Reilly’s not complaining of the threat to black men’s livelihoods. He’s working his pretty little panties up over the threat to middle-class white men.