Oriented Happy Hours

Are there going to be nametags this time? We could all write our names in a special ink that only shows up in blacklight, so that we would need one of those counterfeit money-spotting machines to identify each other. Then later on in the evening we could turn on a big black light and everyone would discover that the nice, professional-looking person with the strange hat they had enjoyed talking to all evening was their sworn enemy, and the air would be filled with such exclamations as “Oh my god, you’re that pretentious idiot maosandmuchajubulailienladypoptzellbartgao? Funny, you don’t look at all like I thought you would!”

Oh, the hilarity! A little map here would help too.

Well, what do you expect? This is post #238 for me, with emphasis on the 38.

The organizers haven’t decided whether or not to have name tags for attendees but I am definitely going to put one on Poagao’s forehead!!

Map compliments of Michael Steele, Mingson Chou, and yours truly.

Ok who wants to go in a shout. Reckon I might make an appearance to this one. Cheers, Amos.

Hey people, I will be arriving in Taipei from japan (for a 10 day holiday/scout mission) at 3pm that very day. I want to go to the happy hour that night but i will be a little ‘dis-oriented’ to say the least. I was wondering if any of you kind souls could help me out by at least talking to me…topics such as teaching and general living in Taipei are high on my agenda. I may be alone although i will probably be with a cute Taiwanese girl that i found on my travels. I just want to check the place out beforer making any concrete decision about relocating.
Errmm…my real name is David, im 26 on friday and i will post again, giving info on what i will be wearing that night…im thinking along the lines of a cheeseboard medalion and viking helmet.
Help a new guy out would ya?
Help a newbie

See you guys tonight!

what’s an oriented voyeur anyway…?

Alien, drinking and posting don’t mix! Just say no! Don’t tell me they have Internet access at Carnegies! At least I sobered up before posting…a little…oh my head…hopefully I didn’t offend anyone last night. Bailey’s, Kahlua, Rum and Vodka don’t mix, boys and girls.

Can someone tell me where “Chili’s Grill & Bar
2/F, 22 Sung Shou b[/b] Road” is? Can I take the MRT there? :slight_smile:

I don’t think I can resist the lure of salsa. Oddly enough, I’d have to say that’s the food I miss the most. I wouldn’t have predicted it…

quote:
Originally posted by wintersweet: Can someone tell me where "Chili's Grill & Bar 2/F, 22 Songshou Road" is? Can I take the MRT there?
It's right next to Warner Village in the Xinyi district. Take the Blue Line to Taipei City Government Station ad you can walk from there.

Is 市政府站 “Taipei City Government Station” or “Taipei City Hall Station”? I keep forgetting.

It’s marked “Taipei City Hall” (shi zhengfu).

www.romanization.com/mrt/

I won’t be making it tonight. Too much work to finish.

Is that Nic Robertson, the CNN reporter in Baghdad, in the Oriented Happy Hour Banner? Just wondering. It really looks like him.

Nope, it’s Michael Steele, one of the Taipei Happy Hour organizers, and an all-round good guy. Here’s the blurb from the oRiEnTeD.com website:

[quote][size=75]Originally from Seattle, Washington, Michael moved to Asia in 1994 at the age of 24. After spending a year in Hong Kong, Michael moved to Taiwan and began working as an independent consultant primarily assisting international retail development groups to enter and develop in the region. His successes include companies like Warner Village Cinemas, Marks & Spencer and Starbucks.

Recognizing the potential of Greater China

I was wondering what happened to that old flunkie. I got some biography that I don’t dare print here. Hey Michael, drop me a line and let me know how you finally got it altogether. Hell maybe I’ll now check out whats going on with Oriented.

Cheers,

Chou Do Fu

I was wondering, anybody try going to CAPT or Oriented happy hours? Who goes there and are they fun?

The SARS crisis must be nearly over. Oriented happy hours in Asia are up and running again, even in Hong Kong and Beijing! This Thursday 26 June, 7 to 9 pm:

Venue: Sofa
No. 56, Lane 161, Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Taibei
Tel: (02) 8773 0906

See orientedhappyhours.com/venues/venues.html

Is this right? June 26th Happy Hour in Taipei. Surely it is Dunhua North Road, not South???

Dunhua South Road Section 1 starts at Bade Road, so the information is correct.

Mingle with your fellow “greater China professionals,” wannabe professionals and general riff-raff at Oriented’s July happy hour this Thursday.

Thought:
Why do people find it so difficult to spell Minsheng?

i was looking at the pictures! so many yuppies!!! i don’t know if i would fit in… :stuck_out_tongue: