Other expat message boards in Asia

I really have to compliment this message board–had no idea there was such a resource for Taiwan expats.

Do you guys know of other message boards for expats, especially in mainland China?

Dave’s ESL Cafe

eslcafe.com/

Look under the International Job Forum menu.

But this one is the best because I post here.

I haven’t found any as good as this one, but if you are in Shanghai you might try Shanghaiexpat.com. There are a nice group of folks there with some decent forums where people answer questions, organize events (they have a great group who goes to watch the Shanghai Shenhua soccer games at Hongkou stadium), and they have an open invitation for members to meet-up for nice cup of coffee at Starbucks every Saturday morning (unlike us trouble-making forumosans who organize our activities around the Demon Drink, and then spend the next three weeks recovering from our exertions and tracking down any incriminating pictures of ourselves that were taken :wink: )

Agree with Hobbes about shanghaiexpat.com, good site.

I recently discovered www.beijingcommunity.com for Beijing, but I don’t know what’s wrong with that site; postings are few and far between, and last time I looked they boasted about having 7 (seven!) people on the board simultaneously. Maybe it’s a new site, or it’s set up by a bunch of loners, but there should be more expats than that in Beijing willing to spend time on the web.
I’ve been looking for other Beijing forums, but still haven’t found them.

For the Philippines, I like the forums at www.tsinoy.com even though it targets only the ethnic Chinese there. Forums for expats in Manila, I guess the best on tap is Passport2Manila’s - not much :s

Check out ICERED for HK and Singapore. I love going to the media/journalism work section and mouthing off the “government lackeys” in press organizations in Singapore. Not nearly as strong a site as Forumosa.

I’ll check these out–thanks for the suggestions.

Don’t forget http://www.ajarn.com in Thailand.
Not as good as Forumosa and lots of talk about Thai bar girls.

As opposed to Forumosa, where we talk about butt crack on girls and how the wang rules and can X be like totally hot?

[quote]I recently discovered www.beijingcommunity.com for Beijing, but I don’t know what’s wrong with that site; postings are few and far between, and last time I looked they boasted about having 7 (seven!) people on the board simultaneously. Maybe it’s a new site, or it’s set up by a bunch of loners, but there should be more expats than that in Beijing willing to spend time on the web.
I’ve been looking for other Beijing forums, but still haven’t found them.[/quote]

Hi just to comment on this, the beijingcommunity.com is only 4 months old, there was a beijing expat forum but I think it disspeared.

The difference Between Beijing and Shanghai is that the number of expats is really lower in Beijing than Shanghai.

alloexpat.com/malaysia_expat_forum/index.php

Any good job search sites (in English) for Asian countries? I know about monster.com.sg but that’s about it. Oh, and the forumosa job forum, of course. :slight_smile:

They don’t use chopsticks but still part of Asia I guess.
A good Indian site
www.indiamike.com

Here is my favorite from Japan

http://www.fuckedgaijin.com/forum/portal.php