Ouch! Atlanta Killer Got Away Because of Female Cop

Such actions have already been filed and in many cases have been successful:

emergingminds.org/magazine/c … 0/catid/17

well fred needed someone to blame for it all, thats why he blamed it on women. couldnt find a way to blame the germans for it all, or europeans in general. found a way to get “lefties” by saying its due to affirmative action so i can see why fred wrote what he did.
where would you set a limit on physical standards? there will always be someone out there who is big. so if there was some young 200lb male as a guard maybe the killing spree wouldnt have happend. but what if the perp was say a 350lb man. he could still overpower a 200lber and the spree probaly would have taken place. better planning on the sherrifs part would have been better, two guards regardless of their size would have been effective. two female guards probably could have done the job. maybe due to budget that couldnt happen, i dont know. blaming it on women or affirmative action is wrong. better allocation is needed, not pointing fingers after the fact trying to back your political agenda

How so? I am just curious as to how someone can determine this. We are talking about affirmative action and how it may affect standards. What does the fact that judges may be targeted by criminals and whackos have to do with this? Judges are not being hired because of their ability to defend themselves or others. How is this relevant? Therefore where is MT’s brilliant argument?

Also, why is discussing affirmative action hateful and divisive? I find this incredible coming from someone who likes or at least makes every attempt to find something balanced about someone like Che Guevara whose central and core message was in his own words on of keeping “the hate alive.” Why is this an issue that “cannot be discussed?” The woman in question here was 5 feet tall and 51 years old. I think that is VERY relevant. Whether this thug may or may not have been able to get the gun away from a 200 lb man OR woman is irrelevant. We simply have no way of knowing that. I do however think that THIS woman’s size and age were very relevant. I am very curious to find out just how and why she was hired and how she could pass the physical exam in question. I would also like to know why women have lower physical requirements than men for this job. I would also like to know how if at all this may or may not impact on their job performance.

When Mr. Kennedy made such glaring mistakes as not knowing the woman in question did not die and that extra security had in fact been given then I would question why you find his legal skills so wonderful? He is a lawyer. That much is true. BUT is his knowledge of the law relevant here? I don’t see that as being the case. His points hardly touched about the central issue here and that is one of whether affirmative action may have a negative impact on standards and performance.

Marvel away. Marvel away. I am still struggling to understand how a link on judges being threatened is of issue here. Again, judges are NOT hired based on their ability to physically defend themselves or others.

Yes, let’s talk lip service to values. We have someone who cannot bear the idea of divisiveness and hatefulness and this is a reason for not discussing issues of great relevance to our nation and society but we can talk about how we admire people like Che Guevara whose central message is and always has been that icy cold hatred and ruthlessness are the key characteristics that should be encouraged to advance the revolution. What the f****?

I believe that you may be using the word unabashed inappropriately. Can revelation be unabashed? Just asking. Also, again how exactly does a formal education in law make MT’s irrelevant links relevant?

Again, you have lost me on this one.

You are correct.

Have I said that women cannot be policeMEN? (That deliberately for the deconstructionist crowd. See how the language of power and oppression is revealed in the subtext of my arguments, yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah, orientalism, power construct, dialectic of sexual and gender inequality enforced by outdated …) I have asked why THIS woman was a policeMAN. I have asked IF this represents an indication that perhaps lower standards were in place and PERHAPS this may have been to blame for the fact that three people have died.

How is her point irrelevant? No one seems to have answered this yet. I merely get a link about judges who again are NOT HIRED based on their ability to phycially defend themselves or others. So much for a brilliant legal “mind.” I simply do not see how this is relevant. Does anyone else?

I have no idea what this means. No doubt your equally brilliant argument has left me behind as well. Oh to have the brilliance of the three leading lights (nay suns!) on Forumosa.

Now you are the earth? This is becoming very confusing.

Correct.

No and despite your hyperbole and glowing paeans to the brilliance on this forum, I still do not understand why this woman’s physical condition is not relevant here. I also fail to see how any of the points raised have been satisfactorily addressed other than the desperate febrile attempts by some of the “brilliant” lawyers on this forum to change the subject by either making this a sexist discussion or by raising irrelevant arguments.

Let me make this simple for you.

I am not saying women cannot be policemen. If they are 180 lbs and 36 fine with me. I want to know why this woman (5 feet tall and 51 years old) is serving in this capacity and I believe that this has a direct bearing on this matter. I think we need a thorough investigation into whether standards are being lowered and if this is having an impact on performance. I think that this could equally be applied to policeMEN who get fat and out of shape if that affects their ability to defend themselves and others.

Back to you Flike, I will look forward to more of your “brilliance” and can only hope and pray that your icons will exhibit an equally “brilliant” performance.

Such actions have already been filed and in many cases have been successful:

emergingminds.org/magazine/c … 0/catid/17[/quote]

Thanks for the link MT. I’m not inclined to be sympathetic to the tone of the article but it is interesting information regardless. Sooner or later I think we will come to the point where race and sex count for nothing and people can be hired according to their qualifications only.

Interesting too isn’t it that this class action suit came from within the legal system. It makes you wonder how many people outside of that profession have also be unfairly discriminated against. They guys who didn’t get jobs on the street cleaning crews, buses etc. wouldn’t generally have the backing and knowlegde necessary to mount a legal challenge.