Outbox vs sentbox ?!

I just sent the same PM to ten friends; six of them ended up in my Sentbox and four in my Outbox. WTF? :loco: I don’t understand the diff between these two anyway. Sorry if this has been brought up before…

Everything goes to your Outbox once you send them
They are moved to your Sentbox after they have been read by the recipient

Usually the difference is that those in the Outbox haven’t actually arrived yet. Maybe they haven’t been picked up yet. I guess it depends on the program and stuff, but usually in a mail program, you will see the message appear briefly in the outbox before it ends up in the sent folder.

Plus if they’re still in the Outbox you can delete them before the recipient reads them. Handy for correcting post-onosecond moments.

Damn, that Goose Egg is fast :bravo:

If they’ve been “sent” as per the verb used above, you can see the reason for the confusion. I think the two are poorly named; you might disagree. Hmm, I wonder how many others find the names confusing. And could there not be a better set of terms, e.g., “Sending” & “Sent”, or “Outbox” & “Receipt Confirmed”? Just a random thought.

now THAT’s useful! Thanks!

Could this info be added in the Q&A or Wiki? I did actually look there under PM’s for the info first…

Dude, you could add it to the Wiki. That’s half the point of the Wiki - adding anything you think might be useful, instead of having to wait for someone else to.

Yeah, I realize that, but prefer not to add things when I’m not particularly familiar with them myself…

Fairy nuff.

I’ve just found this thread when searching why stuff sits in the outbox.

Handy information.

I like the fact that you could potentially retrieve an ill advised PM before it goes all the way. You could save a marriage with that.

Hi I can’t tell if I sent out my PM or not…is there any way I can check my outbox?

[quote=“jessccw”]Hi I can’t tell if I sent out my PM or not…is there any way I can check my outbox?[/quote]Please search the forum before posting questions.

I’m moving and merging this post

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“jessccw”]Hi I can’t tell if I sent out my PM or not…is there any way I can check my outbox?[/quote]Please search the forum before posting questions.

I’m moving and merging this post[/quote]

But after reading all those threads above, I still don’t know where I can find my PM box???That’s what I meant, where can I find that OutBox or checkbox if the page was closed down already so I can see if it’s in the outbox OR sentbox. I can’t find it in the first place…

[quote=“jessccw”][quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“jessccw”]Hi I can’t tell if I sent out my PM or not…is there any way I can check my outbox?[/quote]Please search the forum before posting questions.

I’m moving and merging this post[/quote]

But after reading all those threads above, I still don’t know where I can find my PM box???That’s what I meant, where can I find that OutBox or checkbox if the page was closed down already so I can see if it’s in the outbox OR sentbox. I can’t find it in the first place…[/quote]

Best wishes to Admin; you’ve got a right one 'ere. :unamused:

BroonAcademic

Jesscw,

Top-right corner, you can see this “NO NEW PMs”. If you click on that, you then get this “Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

Inbox= received pms

Sentbox=Sent pms that the recipient read

Outbox=Sent pms that the recipient hasn’t read yet

Savebox=pms you wish to save, sent or received

Hope that helps.

bobepine

thanks bobepine!