Over one year Overstayer

Hey Everyone,

I have a friend who is completely clueless that he is facing massive fines and, I think, jail time for overstaying for over a year now.
Does anyone know the new penalties now after the amnesty. I encouraged him to take advantage of this but he stupidity acted like facing the additional penalties is no big deal.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Overstay fine can now be max NT$150,000 and a ten year ban.

It’s not a big deal. Also other countries they you may have visa free entry or need a visa for can also refuse that person entry in future. I believe the minimum fine is now NT$30,000 but you need to check with NIA.

https://www.roc-taiwan.org/vnsgn_en/post/5465.html

1 Like

It can be a problem later on. A lot of visa and citizenship applications ask if you’ve ever overstayed in any country.

The president has signed new approved amendments to the immigration act that will hike the fines and ban duration… but currently the Executive Yuan has yet to announce them as effective. The date could be announced anytime so to get the better treatment it would be best to leave as soon as possible before the new amendments are in effect.

Can see the red text on the law page:

※本法規部分或全部條文尚未生效,最後生效日期:未定
Translation:
※Part or all of the provisions of this regulation have not yet taken effect, and the final effective date is: undetermined
入出國及移民法-全國法規資料庫