Oversea chinese with Taiwanese passoprt to apply ARC

I got here in Taiwan, 3 weeks ago with Taiwanese passport and 3 month permit.
My mother has ID and my father is oversea chinese who never been here before
I want to apply ARC so that i can work here

I want ID.

1.what office am I to go to apply ARC?
2. is there time limit since I got here to Taipei to apply?

3.what i need to get an ID?

[quote=“william-jeng4”]I got here in Taiwan, 3 weeks ago with Taiwanese passport and 3 month permit.
My mother has ID and my father is oversea chinese who never been here before
I want to apply ARC so that i can work here

I want ID.

1.what office am I to go to apply ARC?
2. is there time limit since I got here to Taipei to apply?

3.what i need to get an ID?[/quote]

If you have a Taiwanese passport, that means you are a Taiwanese citizen. You can’t register as an ‘alien’, afaik. Why would you not be allowed to work in Taiwan, if you are Taiwanese?

Have I misunderstood your circumstances? Are you talking about applying for your hukou and Taiwanese ID card?

It is different thing to be a citizen and to get an ID.
I have Taiwanese passport but it dosen’t mean i have ringt to live in Taiwan.
I need an ID to get citizen’s right.

i need more document so that i can live in Taiwan more than 3 month.
I want to work here, I cannot work with my Taiwanese passport with entery permit of 3 months

Will somebody tell me more about it? bai4 te ni3

what is meant by Ju Lio3 jang4 ?

we don’t know much about rules, i don’t speak and read chinese.
one of my acquaintance said she will help me so that i can live here. she dosen’t explain me anything.
procedures and laws in Taiwan are changed very frequently.
I think I should manage it by myself.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“william-jeng4”]I got here in Taiwan, 3 weeks ago with Taiwanese passport and 3 month permit.
My mother has ID and my father is oversea Chinese who never been here before I want to apply ARC so that i can work here . I want ID.

1.what office am I to go to apply ARC? 2. is there time limit since I got here to Taipei to apply?

3.what I need to get an ID?[/quote]

If you have a Taiwanese passport, that means you are a Taiwanese citizen. You can’t register as an ‘alien’, afaik. Why would you not be allowed to work in Taiwan, if you are Taiwanese? Have I misunderstood your circumstances? Are you talking about applying for your hukou and Taiwanese ID card?[/quote]

Nope not quite Butterceup.

Firstlt for the OP you cannot apply for an ARC as a Taiwan passport holder. You need to register yourself with the Ministry of Interior and the household registration office… best at your mothers one.

You have a 3 month permit so you need to ask how to extand that so you can stay here long enough to get your ID card and Hukou. I had to stay a year but I was allowed to work in that year. Best people to contact are the government NIA and Ministry of Interior as they deal with this type of situation on a daily basis.

[quote=“william-jeng4”]what is meant by Ju Lio3 jang4 ? we don’t know much about rules, I don’t speak and read Chinese.
one of my acquaintance said she will help me so that i can live here. she dosen’t explain me anything. procedures and laws in Taiwan are changed very frequently.

[color=#0000FF]I think I should manage it by myself[/color].[/quote]

Yes I did it all by myself a long time ago. Before websites like this existed. But eh best information came from the government offices. After all I was told that as a white guy with no Chinese ancestry and no Chinese family to adopt me it would be impossible. :unamused: :unamused:

You will appreciate it so much more.

thank you very much for your reply