Overseas Chinese Investment

Hey there,

Does anybody in this forum know of anybody that has successfully applied as an Overseas Chinese Investor (In Chinese, I believe it is called 僑外來臺投資) route, where if you have the Overseas Chinese status you can essentially invest 1000萬TWD in Taiwanese economy or your own business, which allows you to get a certificate to avoid military conscription? A few questions below:

• What is the typical process for this?
  • Does anybody know of any reliable CPA’s that are very familiar with this process?
  • Are there any specific requirements if you want to invest in your own company in Taiwan?
  • From what I heard, after the money is transferred into your new Taiwanese company bank account, how does the government track the usage of that money if they do at all? Also, what are you allowed to use this money for?
  • Is investing in real estate an option?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

hey @hularious , I am also looking into the Overseas Chinese Investment process. Were you able to successfully go through the process? How was it and were you able to take the money out of the company account after the government verified that it’s from an out-of-country source?

Thanks!