I’ve been pouring over these forums and hope someone can help.
- I am 33 years old
- Taiwanese mother passed away
- both Taiwanese grandparents have passed, but I have my aunt and cousin in Taiwan
- holding an expired overseas Taiwanese Passport, currently trying to get this renewed but the Taiwan office here is slammed
- born in Hong Kong, but moved to New Zealand so I hold a New Zealand passport (do I need to renounce this? My wish is to keep both)
- living in Hong Kong for the past 2 years
I had tried to obtain Taiwanese citizenship while my mum was alive but I received conflicting information from two offices so my plans were thwarted. Hopefully, I am able to complete it this time!
Is it possible to obtain citizenship/ a Taiwan ID card? I love Taiwan as a country and have always felt a deep sense of belonging there, so any help will be greatly appreciated.