Owning chickens in Taipei city, is it legal?

This guy has one: https://goo.gl/maps/PWSZSAY5yEPfwNAu7

In my neighborhood thereā€™s somebody who owns a little white French bulldog that I always mistake for a little piggy at first glance. Does that count?

3 Likes

This little piggy was on his way to Brass Monkey all on his lonesome a few days ago.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they were much more concerned for the hogā€™s welfare than yours.

Pigs are arguably better pets than dogs.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what threat I could have posed to this mammoth (though amiable looking enough) beast. Iā€™m sticking with my theory, though not to exaggerate, probably more like possibly knocking me over or slobbering on me.

They were probably worried about him catching something from tainted White Monkey meatā€¦

1 Like
2 Likes

This was in Tianmu, I doubt it :slight_smile:

I donā€™t imagine any rules against keeping chickenā€¦ I hear them all the time.

Only chickens obey the rules anyway.

1 Like

Chickens are by far the stupidest animals on the planet.

Cows come pretty fuckin close.

3 Likes

Domesticated animals in general have been made stupid, but chickens definitely top the list.

Chickens always make me laugh.

I seen pigs that could beat you at poker

ETA: No slur on you, just theyā€™re smart as fuck

1 Like

Pigs have an alarmingly human vibe to them. Makes sense that weā€™d use them for tissue transplants and such.

1 Like

If you look at footage of pigs with their owners/farmers/future killers they are very similar to dogs. They really love the chap who is shortly to have them slaughtered.

Some pigs can remove chunks of flesh, they have quite a bite.

You are well informed. The old school farmyard animals are certainly smarter than the breeds used for factory farming.

I think you guys are mistaken when you say chicken are stupid.

From [Untamed Science]:frowning:How Smart are Chickens? - Smarter Than You'd Think!)

Here are a few things Iā€™ve learned that put them on par with some mammalian species:

1. Delayed Gratification: Chickens actually have the ability to have some degree of self control. In studies where they tested delayed gratification, chickens could learn to refuse food if they knew theyā€™d get more later if they did.
  2. Memory: Humans can recognize thousands of different people. Studies have shown that chickens can recognize different individual chickens (studies say more than 100). They can also recognize different humans.
  3. Object Permanence: This is an interesting concept. If you show someone an object, then take it away, we know that the object still exists, somewhere. We may look for it so as to find out where it is hidden. Chickens are able to do this. Baby humans arenā€™t able to do this until theyā€™re a bit older.
  4. Counting: It has been shown that chickens can do basic math as objects infront of them are moved to and fro.
  5. Personality: If youā€™ve spent time with dogs, you know they all have strong personalities. They can form friendships and have a range of interests. Chickens are no different. Theyā€™ll change behavior depending on who is around them.
  6. Empathetic: Some chickens have shown the ability to be protective of not only their own chicks, but those of others.
  7. Manipulative: Chickens can be cunning and show some sort of machiavellian manipulation so as to get them what they want.

There are kids than canā€™t do what these chicken do in the videoā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And hereā€™s another article, from BBC: Earth - BBC Future

1 Like