Oxycontin/Percocet

What are the equivalents in Taipei? Asking for a friend.

Does your friend not own a computer and e-mail address?

Unless he/she is the one getting you free movie tickets, they can ask too!

We don’t bite. Most of us.

Unless your friend is in serious pain, I’d strongly recommend against getting involved in percs or oxys (or their generic Taiwanese counterparts). They have extremely high rates of dependency.

I’m suddenly very interested in that medicine and what it can do for me.

Give you a crippling painkiller addiction and destroy your life? Yeah, they’re awesome.

I need to put an end to my unbearable pain in some way.

Edit: Irrelevant information.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2017-05-10-ibuprofen-linked-to-increased-risk-of-heart-attacks-/

You can have your ibuprofen, I want a painless and numb life full of Oxycontin.

None. There’s no opiates unless you’re dying or post surgery before release.

They are opiates pain killers. There are not equivalents here really. Impossible to get legally. Don’t even think about it here.

Directly from the linked article:

“However, the study does leave some unanswered questions. Researchers only looked at effects among those prescribed the drugs and not those using over the counter, so they may not be representative of the general population.”

“And while the study tells us how likely people taking an NSAID are to have a heart attack, compared to people who hadn’t used them in the past year, it doesn’t give an indication of what the actual baseline risk of a heart attack is in these groups. And this risk varies from person to person.”

It also can’t prove NSAIDs were the direct cause of heart attack – it didn’t take into account all possible influencing factors, such as smoking for example. Also, not all results reached statistical significance and so could have been the result of chance."

*non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)

From what I know and what I have gotten from doctors for pain after very very minor surgery or from the dentist after a root canal, they don’t really prescribe you really heavy pain meds.

I have brought a few over from the states that my sister gave me, just in case I needed them.

If Advil did the trick he wouldn’t be asking. He’s an adult and licensed paramedic, I think he doesn’t need anyone to tell him about the risks of opioid addictions.

Does someone actually know the answer?

I’m telling you. He can’t get it legally. Unless he’s dying of cancer. He’s not getting opiates here. They won’t even give my mom who had double mastectomy opiates post surgery.

I don’t understand what you mean by equivalent? Oxycodone is oxycodone.

2 Likes

Dang yeah. He just had a root canal and possibly needs another. TSA/airline/someone lost the bag that had his Percocet.

Well what do local dentists expect you to do for pain management in severe cases?

Ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

1 Like

:turkey:

1 Like

Sorry, but he’s just not getting opiates here outside of codeine coughing syrup. Certainly not oxycodone. They don’t even give you that after major surgery, zero chance a dentist will even have access to it.

I import some pain killers that’s OTC for my mom from Thailand. Because she needs it and pain management is ridiculous here.

The equivalent of OxyContin (which is just the brand name) is oxycodone which is what OxyContin is. The equivalent of percocet is oxycodone and acetaminophen together.

And I have a hard time believing he got oxycodone for a a dental procedure. Oxy is some really strong stuff. Really not much less potent then heroin and morphine. Most likely he would get hydrocodone and acetaminophen.

You’re getting OxyContin and oxycodone mixed up.

I feel so sorry for people in pain there.

Beginning to get the sense.

1. He’s never been outside of the American continent prior to this.
  2. He doesn’t speak mandarin.

I’m not. OxyContin is brand name oxycodone. It’s the same thing. It’s like ibuprofen and Advil. Same thing.