--PAID EXTRAS WANTED FOR Ang Lee's NEW FILM--

2000? For the entire DAY?
Did you forget a 0 on the end? :ponder:

Yeah. Somebody’s raking in the cash, and it sure ain’t the Extras.

You guys have no respect for fame, imagine being an extra in an Ang Lee film…you’ll be in the crowd, all your relatives will see you, you can boast to your friends, you get to sit on a set and do nothing AND you get paid 2000NTD for that. C’mon people.Deal of a lifetime!!!

c’mon guys get in the spirit.

This new flick is set in the year 2038. China now runs the world and young Europeans have to travel east to find low paying factory jobs to make a living, as all the wealthy Chinese have taken up residence in European cities through mass real-estate acquisitions and gentrification, made easy by the collapse of Western Society at the end of the 2020s.

the 2K a day pay is simply to help the extras get into character, to let them know what it is like to work for near slave wages.

method acting people, its what makes good films great.

I know people who would pay money to be in a film, especially an Ang Lee one.

u should inform them of this. in other countries, ‘extras’ are unionized.

To be out-of-focus, background wallpaper with no credit? :ponder: And worst of all, to be barked orders at through a megaphone by some buffoon of a “first assistant director”? :hand:

Only if it’s about woodstock.

u should inform them of this. in other countries, ‘extras’ are unionized.[/quote]

Seriously?!

I just wonder about using the term, “head shots”.

god, life of pi…isn’t that like the most over-rated book, like ever. I mean its rubbish and its taken over from the Brothers Karamazov as the most carried book by backpackers.

Any roles for forty-something disillusioned editors? I’d still like to be in an Ang Lee movie.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]c’mon guys get in the spirit.

This new flick is set in the year 2038. China now runs the world and young Europeans have to travel east to find low paying factory jobs to make a living, as all the wealthy Chinese have taken up residence in European cities through mass real-estate acquisitions and gentrification, made easy by the collapse of Western Society at the end of the 2020s.

the 2K a day pay is simply to help the extras get into character, to let them know what it is like to work for near slave wages.

method acting people, its what makes good films great.[/quote]

What? They only need people 18-25 … what about us the glorious mid lifers …
They can add a character … the rude older western foreman … whipping the young Europeans … :ohreally: :roflmao:

[quote=“Josefus”]2000? For the entire DAY?
Did you forget a 0 on the end? :ponder:[/quote]

Don’t forget the free lunchbox … or is it catering, lot’s of food … for free?

$2000/day to be an extra isn’t that unusual. You can get $10,000 per day, $20,000 per day rates when you’re featured in a TV spot, or all day shoots of a different nature. As an extra on a movie, there’s no way you’re going to get that kind of coin unless you have a more prominent role.

yeah and don’t forget you might get spotted by the director and earmarked for a role in his next blockbuster…The Bushiban. Kind of like a remake of the Beach but set in a Bushiban on Roosevelt Road.

I’d join in, but I’m already in lots of movies.