PainintheEnglish.com

I stumbled upon this website whilst doing something totally unrealted to it. Gave it a good one minute scan and it looks like something someone here might like (meself included.) I’ll give it a more thurough looking when I get back home.

painintheenglish.com/

PainInTheEnglish.com encourages discussions of such gray areas of English language, for which you would not find answers easily in dictionaries and other reference books.”

About PainInTheEnglish.com

There is certainly no shortage of people who claim to be experts of English language, but this is precisely what can be frustrating for the students of English; because the experts can never agree with one another. One expert could authoritatively tell you one thing, and you would follow it faithfully for years, only to be corrected by another expert.

PainInTheEnglish.com encourages discussions of such gray areas of English language, for which you would not find answers easily in dictionaries and other reference books. Many discussion forums of this nature allow anyone to post any questions, which makes them less useful because you face a daunting task of sifting through uninteresting questions and comments. To prevent this, we review all the questions before posting them. The idea here is that interesting questions should inspire interesting answers and comments. As long as we quality-control questions, we should not have to quality control comments.

If you frequently come across these gray areas, please contact us to get an account of your own so that you could post them without editor’s approval. If you are a regular commentator, you could also request an account of your own. This way, you would not have to type your name every time you post (and your user name would be secured.).