Pal dvd?

Anybody can sell/give/lend/otherwise me a PAL (ie British) DVD to test my supposedly ALL region player.

I am not sure that it can play them.

And I so want to buy some British DVDs on Amazon.

Best Wishes
Kenneth

What’s the make of your DVD player ? I have some region 1 and 2’s. Can’t think of any I can do without though…

I would imagine if you put a PAL DVD in your player it will send out a PAL signal (625 lines) to your telly. Can your telly accept a PAL signal ? The vast majority of TVs here can’t.

Hexuan, I dunno whether that’s right. My tv is as cheap as chips so and I can play my Aussie dvd on it, yet my xbox (dvd player) has a chip to support full region dvd, and it play my Aussie dvd no probs.

Anyway, I’ve got Braveheart from the Australian (oceanana - region 4) zone that you’re welcome to test it on. I live in Yunghe, so if you can arrange a meet, I can lend it to you. Amos.

Not PAL, but will test the all-regioness of your player.

The DVD shop in Shida night market on Longquan St has region 1 (US) DVDs.

Brian

That’s a good point. Some DVD players do conversion for you, but I suspect mine won’t. Still I need to see. I’m considering purchasing another one if it can’t.

Thanks
Kenneth

[quote=“amos”]Hexuan, I dunno whether that’s right. My tv is as cheap as chips so and I can play my Aussie dvd on it, yet my xbox (dvd player) has a chip to support full region dvd, and it play my Aussie dvd no probs.

Anyway, I’ve got Braveheart from the Australian (oceanana - region 4) zone that you’re welcome to test it on. I live in Yunghe (Yonghe), so if you can arrange a meet, I can lend it to you. Amos.[/quote]

wow, that’s decent of you. is Oceana Pal area? I don’t know how it would work, perhaps I bring my DVD player to your house, since you’re the one doing me the favor…

Kenneth

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]Not PAL, but will test the all-regioness of your player.

The DVD shop in Shida night market on Longquan St has region 1 (US) DVDs.

Brian[/quote]

Thanks. I know it will play region one’s no problems. I’m particularly interested in the PAL/NTSC issue since I’m a brit and some of my favorite programs are only available in UK…

Kenneth

Kenneth, sounds fine, need to wait to the weekend. Maybe Sunday. Anyway let me know. Amos.