Palm TX purchase in Taiwan

Hello all.

I saw here that you can purchase a Palm TX from this vendor for 10,000 NT.
pdaking.com.tw/

Seems to be a pretty decent price, as the Palm TX costs 299 USD from PALM US. palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tx/

I’m not sure if this shop is only online, or is also a brick and morter place as I don’t live in Taiwan, but will be stopping by next week on vacation. I might want to pick up a Palm while there.

Does anyone now shops around Taipei where I could get the same palm model for a similar price?

Any advice appreciated.

There is a PDA King located on the first floor of a place called Nova. It’s very close to Taipei Mainstation and very easy to find. You can pick on e up there. If you were at the front door of Taipei Mainstation (facing the tall building) you’d take a right until you hit some lights. Cross the street. Then take a left until you see this place with computers and cell phones and shit in it. PDA King will be near the back (enter and walk towards the back until you see a store with PDAs and shit.)

(directions may be be off due to drunkeness :beer: )

Thanks for the quick response!

Is there anything different about buying a Palm in Taiwan that I should know about?

They don’t come preloaded with CJK OS or anything so they can handle Chinese Japaense and Korean fonts do they?

Anything different about the voltage they take that would make it a bad idea to purcahse in Taiwan rather than waiting until I get back to the states or something? (currently I live in Japan, and won’t be going back to the US for quite some time… which is why I’m looking to pick this up in Taiwan.)

Thanks again. Will be looking for Nova.

[quote=“Harvey”]
They don’t come preloaded with CJK OS or anything so they can handle Chinese Japaense and Korean fonts do they?[/quote]
My E2 came with CJK but it was a cinch to disable it.

[quote]
My E2 came with CJK but it was a cinch to disable it.[/quote]

Actually, I’m hoping it includes it, if not I’ll have to buy it seperately. I need to be able to handle Chinese and Japanese fonts.

Then you should have no problem.