Parking on a yellow line

Just want to get one thing clear in my own mind. On Saturdays and Sundays is it okay to park on a yellow line in Taipei city? Most of the boards that you look at say “No parking 7AM-8PM except holidays.”

Holidays, Christmas and New Year? No, I believe they mean Sat/Sun right. If I go to school on a Saturday, I can leave the car on a yellow line and not have to pay for parking?

If that is so then why do you still get charged on the weekend for parking in a space (lot) on the side of the street :loco:

Thanks,

L :banana:

Yellwo line parking is only after 8PM every day of the week, I think even Sunday. I know saturday is only after 8PM, but Sunday I am not sure about.

i’ve seen the dreaded yellow trucks out on sundays recently, and that was out here in the sticks …

best wait till after 8 PM.

[quote=“xtrain”]I’ve seen the dreaded yellow trucks out on sundays recently, and that was out here in the sticks …

best wait till after 8 PM.[/quote]
The Yellow trucks are for broken down cars. They are not the ones to worry about. The red tow trucks are the ones to worry about.

So why so many parked cars on yellow lines this weekend? Maybe they just popped into a shop or something. I understand that you can park on a yellow for three minutes during the day. I know that you are never supposed to park on a red. Of course I’d never do that noooo… :moon:

Limey: In my neighborhood you can find many people parked in the red and not in their car all day long. It doesn’t mean it is legal. The amount of people that make U-turns on red or right turns on red, you might also think that is legal.

I double checked for you and found out it is illegal to park in the yellow on Sunday as well as Saturday, except after 8PM. If your neighborhood people park in yellow on the weekend, they do so at their own risk, which maybe there is actually little risk of being towed. When in doubt take a look at the street and see if you see a lot of chalk writing on the street of license plate numbers of recently towed cars to see if that is an area that tows frequently. Take a chance if you want, but it isn’t 100% safe and you could get towed.

Typhoon this past weekend; the unwritten rule is that the lines are fair game when there’s a typhoon. Same with the after 10 pm rule; very unlikely that there are any tow trucks out after 10 pm, so the reds and yellows are fair game. Mind you, these are “unwritten” rules, so do it at your own risk.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. The only reason I asked is that I ended up with a $240 parking charge on Saturday, I just wondered why the hell I was paying and the buggers on the yellows weren’t. I’ll be good and park in the right place.

Promise.

L.

[quote=“Hobart”][quote=“xtrain”]I’ve seen the dreaded yellow trucks out on sundays recently, and that was out here in the sticks …

best wait till after 8 PM.[/quote]
The Yellow trucks are for broken down cars. They are not the ones to worry about. The red tow trucks are the ones to worry about.[/quote]

my good man, tow trucks in taoyuan are yellow. not the ones for broken cars, unless there are a lot of broken cars parked on yellow/red lines …