Parking rant: ... why do they keep doing it?

This morning while I was in the shower I looke d out on to the street and saw this car parked … (I have a shower with a view) naturally parked wrong although there was place in front and after … so why are they doing it? Are they just relentless, stupid, ignorant or plain naive, maybe they just don’t give a shit …

It’s clearly marked as a bus stop, isn’t it?

Maybe it’s the best place to watch you in the shower.

Nee, I’m on the 14th floor … maby they are to lazy to walk two more meters?

Bingo. That’s EXACTLY why. No joke. Parking in the proper space would have added “inconveniece”, so he parked in the illegal spot (which he does not give a shit about).

Anyway, it looks like he has a Mercedes Benz. Didn’t you know that people with Mercs can do whatever the fuck they want?? :wink: (and BMW drivers, who appear to be even worse these days).

Every morning when I wait for the bus, there’s invariably some asshole either parked partly or all the way in the bus stop or in the section between the bus stop and the corner, which is an illegal parking zone (red stripe).

Without fail.

And it’s always someone different.

Half the time it’s a truck, blocking my view of the street so I have to step into traffic to see if the bus is coming.

:fume: :loco: :raspberry:

Double post. (Weird) What happened to Kill?

Bingo. That’s EXACTLY why. No joke. Parking in the proper space would have added “inconveniece”, so he parked in the illegal spot (which he does not give a shit about).

Anyway, it looks like he has a Mercedes Benz. Didn’t you know that people with Mercs can do whatever the fuck they want?? :wink: (and BMW drivers, who appear to be even worse these days).[/quote]

I think it is a Lexus. Mercedes Benz automobiles just have the right-of-way built in. BMW’s are just fast. Lexus drivers are wanna-be richies. They just think they are more important than all the people that rely on public transportations.

Yeah, and look at the twat in the blue truck straddling the lanes. “I’m not sure which lane is faster, and until I do, no one can overtake me. So skillful!” :unamused:

Now THAT pisses me off! :fume:

I reckon a collection of traffic photos would be interesting.

[quote=“stan”]Yeah, and look at the twat in the blue truck straddling the lanes. “I’m not sure which lane is faster, and until I do, no one can overtake me. So skillful!” :unamused:

Now THAT pisses me off! :fume:[/quote]

well, it seems like he is crossing the yellow line in an attempt to overpass the scooter. So maybe not a case of “straddling the lanes” this time, but they do like doing that, don’t they. The worse is, that I catch myself doing this also. My driving skills did decrease since I am in Taiwan. I might have to redo my license once I am back home.

Im guessing this isnt in Taipei city right? last time I saw any vehicle parked in an illegal spot in Taipei city got hauled away by a red tow truck…

Why do they do it? Because of the me first mentality. The world revolves around their own little bubble and nobody else matters to them. Doesn’t matter who they inconvenience as long as their needs are fulfilled. Peasants!

Maybe when they start towing illegally parked cars at the owner’s expense they might actually think twice about doing that.

how is it in that neck of the woods now, BP? taoyuan is still better than it was some two months ago as per cars parking (and double parking) along all the roads, but some asses are starting to test the system again.

i fear that it will all soon lapse into the anarchy that existed before.

[quote=“xtrain”]Taoyuan is still better than it was some two months ago as per cars parking (and double parking) along all the roads, but some asses are starting to test the system again.

i fear that it will all soon lapse into the anarchy that existed before.[/quote]
I was amazed the other day on my bike going up JungJeng. The road was like a ghost town, and it could do about 60 or so up there…not like before when it was stop n start.

In another place I saw a dude who was double parked on another illegal car on the red , and he had his door wide open…seemed a bit confused why he was getting tooted at when cars couldn’t get past

Rampant “my time is more valuable than yours” mentality as usual, especially from the Fenz crowd (fake Benz… Cefiro, Lexus, various Korean copycats).

You keep any eggs in the house Belgian Pie? :wink:

That’s a Lexus GS 300

Obviously the open door of the car must line up perfectly with the door of the shop into which you intend to go. I thought everyone knew that.

Only poor people get the bus anyway. They understand their position in the great scheme of things. Really, they accept it silently and get on with sitting on the bus. It is The Way of Things.

Confucious was a great teacher.

[quote=“Lord Lucan”]Obviously the open door of the car must line up perfectly with the door of the shop into which you intend to go. I thought everyone knew that.

Only poor people get the bus anyway. They understand their position in the great scheme of things. Really, they accept it silently and get on with sitting on the bus. It is The Way of Things.

Confucious was a great teacher.[/quote]

Inspiration struck… I happen to be teaching myself Illustrator CS2 right now… :wink:

The blue truck has just overpassed the double parked Cefiro in the background of the picture, so I don’t think we should be too harsh on him. Little or no traffic in the other direction.