Parking tickets that you pay at 7-11

Those people on the scooters that ride around putting those little tickets on your car. They put the ticket on your car…and are supposed to ride around each hour to add another stamp…each stamp adds 20nt to the price.

But it seems that when they initially put the ticket on your car…they will also stamp it. So if you park for 10 minutes…you’d have to pay for two hours. They do this to every single car. Effectively stealing 20nt from every person on the street.

I was with a friend and we only parked for 15 minutes and he had the ticket with the extra stamp on it…and he went livid. He want to drive up and down the street and beat the living hell out of the parking person. I calmed him down, but I understand his feelings. I think we’ll go back to that street…park…and then just sit near the car and wait…we’ll catch them in the act and video tape it…and ask why they’re such lowly trash thieves. And possibly take the keys out of their scooter and chuck them…as a subtle revenge for the thousand and thousands of dollars stolen by them…Well I don’t know about that last part…but video recording them and calling them lowly thieves sounds like a good idea to me.

You wanna do all that over a grand total of 40 nt?

Um… they’re not private entrepreneurs. Surely its their employers you should be ranting at? The drones have nothing to gain by overcharging you (if indeed that’s what they’re doing). They’re still getting NT$50/hour or whatever it is they get, no matter how long you park for.

you might be better off going directly to the office (which should be stated on the ticket) and showing them the ticket while the first hour has not yet expired …

once those people admit their mistake (which should be fun for you to watch) and probably throw the ticket away (saving you the 20 NT) you can yell at them …

I often park in Taipei where I avoid the 30 dollar per hour [40 on the weekend] parking garages like the plague. I park on the street and I’ve seen the same thing Mordeth is talking about. But then, it tends to balance out: sometimes the ticket guy stamps for 2 hours even though I only park for only one; other times he stamps for 2 hours, but I park for six.

Mordeth, have you and your buddy ever heard of ‘beer?’
When you fel the urge to hide in bushes, tape people doing their jobs, and then go nuts at them, go to a shop that sells the drink, ‘beer.’ Buy lots of this, ‘beer’ and go home and drink it. Things will start to seem better. It’s only 20nt, and as Stan implied, would your buddy go nuts if he parked for 6 hours and only got charged for 2? “I have been undercharged!”

What IS annoying is when you really do park for under a minute and come back to find they have ‘got’ you. I got a ticket once whilst I was in 7-11 paying for another ticket! Probably out of the car for 45 seconds and they got me.

yep… NT$20 is neither here nor there to me, but it would be good to watch the head office people squirm if you make it there, 2 hour ticket in hand, before the first hour’s even expired… :smiling_imp: :laughing:

the only thing that makes me furious about this system is that after wasting 20mins finding an actual box to park in, I return to see my NT$40 bill for the privilege, whilst the fucktard who’s parked two wheels on the pavement with the rest of the car in the middle of the road, blocking a driveway, on a red line, with a pedestrian pinned under the wheels, is left unticketed…

how easy would it be to authorize these NT$20 parking vultures to carry a second book of tickets at NT$6000 a shot for assholes parked illegally… I mean they are constantly patrolling the streets anyway and they are sneaky as hell to avoid mutual loss of face by being caught in the act of ticketing a car, so the whole system would function fantastically and take workload off the already severely under worked “po-lice”…

[quote=“plasmatron”]how easy would it be to authorize these NT$20 parking vultures to carry a second book of tickets at NT$6000 a shot for assholes parked illegally… [/quote]You’re right of course, but why would the po po give up their monopoly on running the money printing machine? I mean, what would be left for them to do if ticketing illegally parked cars was turned over to the private sector? Would that in turn start a trend to privatizing other areas of law enforcement? Where might that end?

hmmmm… good point, I see two potential solutions… Firstly you could credit every single parking violation ticket issued by these privateers to the cops, who could add each said instance to their “number of times our fearless officers have prevented the very fabric of society from being torn asunder” quota, thus allowing their trumped up yob in chief to proudly announce this to the ever dimwitted and easily confused public/govt. who will no doubt be in raptures at the news, therefore allowing the cops to promptly vote themselves yet another bonus…

Alternatively you could just placate them with a 40% cut of the soon to be massively increased cash flow, which if the number of horrendously parked cars littering the streets is anything to go by, should be off-the-bloody-scale… Another cut of 40% for various govt. official’s son in laws and then the remaining 10% to the privateer ticketing companies and in one fell swoop, all parties involved will have a ten fold increase to their previous “tea, mahjong, and trips to Bali” funds and as a side effect, traffic and congestion will improve drastically, thus allowing their trumped up yob in chief to proudly announce this to the ever dimwitted and easily confused public/govt. who will no doubt be in raptures at the news, therefore allowing the cops to promptly vote themselves yet another bonus…

this complaint aside, I think this system of parking here is brilliant.

In a couple of other countries I’ve lived in, you have to feed the meter with coins, which is a hassle cos you always put in more than you need, and if you get held up somewhere you have to rush back to feed the meter to avoid a ticket. The worst thing is many are digital now and only allow you to feed a max of say 2 hrs.

At least here I can park the car, relax and return to a few NT in parking now matter how long I have been away or if I got held up or whatever. Ans paying at the 7-11…how convenient is that? Paying parking FINES of 1000nt equivalent cos I was 10 mins late getting back to the car just pisses me off.

I recently forgot to pay a ticket of 30nt and they sent me a letter, with another bill and a 50nt fine. ooooooh, 80nt, let me go rob a bank - how much did stamp/letter cost to send me that bill?

[quote=“plasmatron”]“number of times our fearless officers have prevented the very fabric of society from being torn asunder” quota[/quote]:lol: :notworthy:

[quote=“plasmatron”]Alternatively you could just placate them with a 40% cut of the soon to be massively increased cash flow[/quote]Then you have to give them cameras to prove the offence, or they’d be ticketing every car within 300m of their home, whether they were parked illegally or not. Not that the po po ever do such a thing. Oh no.

[quote=“plasmatron”]traffic and congestion will improve drastically, thus allowing their trumped up yob in chief to proudly announce this to the ever dimwitted and easily confused public/govt. who will no doubt be in raptures[/quote]I dunno about that mate. I have my suspicions that this is the reason that poison dwarf Jason Who? keeps getting elected. I think the average driver prefers being able to park anywhere he goddam feels like without fear of fine over being able to drive down a street that isn’t reduced to one lane because of all the rampant double-parking. :s
If this wasn’t the case, why would he order the tow trucks to scale back their operations and stop work altogether at 8pm?