"Parkour" in Taipei

A new French word, “Parkour,” about extreme urban acrobats.

Anybody doing it in TAIPEI?

tiscali.co.uk/news/newswire. … burbs.html

Raimundo Querido sprinted up three flights of stairs, scaled a wall as tall as himself, and somersaulted off a roof into a flower bed.
The scene did not take place during last year

Here is a cool video:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ++climbing

What does “parkour” mean in French? Par cours? What is meaning? Je ne sais pas le mot.

There is an amazing french movie you can rent at most DVD stores that has tons of this Urban Acrobats in it. Here is a short vid of an up and coming Urban Acrobat. : uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=3164 <—some ads might be NSFW

My guess is that you’re talking about Yamakasi, a superb movie by Luc Besson: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267129/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHNvdXJjZWlkPW1vemlsbGEtc2VhcmNofHE9eWFtYWtheml8ZnQ9MXxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=16;ft=21;fm=1

Yep, Yamakasi…great movie. If you liked the vid posted by Monk then go out a rent the movie Yamaha…or whatever.

I do it. But don’t have many people to do it with. Such is life…

I’m not going to claim that I can 2% of the stuff they do in those vids. But I am good at jumping walls using my arms to propel my body over.

I jumped a few walls like that here (long story) and got a huge amount of cheers and calls of “one more time” from roughly 40 Taiwanese who were nearby. It was the coolest part of my day…and I wasn’t trying to show off…I was just trying to get through somewhere.

imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

This film is also written by Luc Besson to showcase parkour. It stars David Belle one of the original PK ‘inventors’.

[quote=“Rik”]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

This film is also written by Luc Besson to showcase parkour. It stars David Belle one of the original PK ‘inventors’.[/quote]

Opps…I think this is the movie to which I refer to originally…not the Yummyman one. This one has English subtitles…and I think the Ya’mama one doesn’t.

[quote=“Mordeth”]I’m not going to claim that I can 2% of the stuff they do in those vids. But I am good at jumping walls using my arms to propel my body over.

I jumped a few walls like that here (long story) and got a huge amount of cheers and calls of “one more time” from roughly 40 Taiwanese who were nearby. It was the coolest part of my day…and I wasn’t trying to show off…I was just trying to get through somewhere.[/quote]

40? you had time to take a rough head count?

yamakasi has subtitles as well… as do most non english language movies with international release.

40? you had time to take a rough head count?

yamakasi has subtitles as well… as do most non English language movies with international release. [/quote]

Are you trying to be serious? What’s a rough head count? You take a glance at a crowd…you should be able to come up with a rough estimate on how many people are there…maybe it was 30…maybe it was 50…a rough 40 is in the middle.

Taxi 3…has no English. Ong-Bak…has no English. The latest Jet Lee movie…has no English…I could go on.