Part time Chinese language courses + visa considerations

Hey all -

how many hours could I study per week and still maintain a good standing with working visa? Basically looking into part time, like maybe 10 hours per week just to get my motivation kicked back into gear for this. Been particularly difficult mentally lately so I figured I’d give me something to take away from some of the time spent in existential dread.

Additionally, if anyone knows any good options in Taichung, I’d appreciate it. I’ve looked into Tunghai and Fengchia, the former seems to have a potentially good online course option. I’d prefer in person admittedly. I dunno if there are private options or whatnot around.

Highly recommend @ironlady

My understanding was that @ironlady is currently not active in teaching because of family issues.

That was my understanding as well, but at the moment it is just a reduced class schedule, (I just started a new round a few weeks ago and from a few things she’s said we’re not the only active class).

Cool.

@ironlady could u give me some info on what levels you’ve got going and what times, all that jazz? inc. price because that is admittedly a rather big factor, not exactly making bang here.

That’s all at the link I posted above… :sunglasses:

oh lol my bad

1 Like

Nope, I’m still teaching. I just don’t travel to train teachers or interpret these days because I’m tied down at home taking care of my mom.

I have I think five classes going at the moment at various levels. Maybe you can PM me with more information about what you’re looking for in terms of level? The time change may also be an issue for you since most of my students are in the US or Australia (the Australians right now is doing 8:45 pm Fridays EDT). I try to find times that will work for different areas since I have students right now from the UK, Chile, the US and Australia.

1 Like