Partying Naked in Taiwan

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”]My question is this; Could anybody have been arrrested here? Could I have been arrested for public indecency and been thrown out of Taiwan? If they came after me I would have just said that the women tore my clothes off! It’s true they did! It’s not like I stripped myself. They stripped me! And I did try to resist, but only so nothing happened to my wallet. And this had to be visible to security at the bar who just let it happen. On the other hand, I enjoyed the experience :smiley: I wouldn’t want the women who did this to me to be in trouble because it might stop them from doing it again.
The next time I am out at dance club and some women decide to strip me, should I try to resist because I could face deportation. Or should I just leave my wallet in a locker and go with what feels good anyway. After all, they are trying to strip me. :laughing:

[color=red] :laughing: :bravo: Mod’s note: temped from Legal by DB :stuck_out_tongue: [/color][/quote]

You can be charged with obscenity charges and sentenced to less than a year in prison or less than three thousand NT for “obscene behaviour done in public so people can watch.”
第 一六 章之一 妨害風化罪
第 234 條
意圖供人觀覽,公然為猥褻之行為者,處一年以下有期徒刑、拘役或三千
元以下罰金。
意圖營利犯前項之罪者,處二年以下有期徒刑、拘役或科或併科一萬元以
下罰金。

If you’re just sitting naked on the side of the street without being obscene, but still refusing to put clothes on, you can be charged with breaking the laws which maintain social order, and sentenced to a fine of less than six thousand NT “after refusing to listen to admonition and being nude or in a slutty postition in a public area or a place where the public can enter, and interfering with proper customs.”
單純裸露且不聽勸阻者,僅得依社會秩序維護法第83條第二款裁處新台幣6000元以下罰鍰。
社會秩序維護法 第83條
有左列各款行為之一者,處新台幣六千元以下罰鍰:
一 故意窺視他人臥室、浴室、廁所、更衣室,足以妨害其隱私者。
二 於公共場所或公眾得出入之場所,任意裸體或為放蕩之姿勢,而有妨害善良風俗,不聽勸阻者。
三 以猥褻之言語、舉動或其他方法,調戲異性者。

It’s happened to me before, not in Kending but in Tainan. Sometimes if you go to these rinky-dink local pubs far off-field from the popular “foreigner” watering holes, you’ll find something interesting.

I didn’t quite get naked, though, just had my shirt ripped off, and my ass grabbed a few times. And there were only about 5 or 6 people in this little pub, so I don’t think anyone was going to call the cops with a sexual harassment complaint. Certainly not me, the sexual harassment “victim”.

[quote=“jwbrunken”]I’ve heard of this happening to other foreigners before. Once in Kending, I was drug up on stage and stripped infront of the bar by the la mei on stage. Now that was interesting.

I highly doubt anyhting will happen legally because of it. Of course, if the police were to bust in the bar while you are stark naked on the dance floor I think you might be in a bit of a pickle. BNe that as it may, without a cop actually seeing you, they have nothing.[/quote]

Pickle!

:roflmao:

Gherkin?