Passive aggressive phrases in emails

i want you to know that i am listening to what you are saying

2 Likes

I hadn’t picked up on that. I jumped in with my brain disengaged. That’s a learn for me.

If your options are only aggression or passive aggression then passive aggression will internally seem the best option. Punch yourself in the gut, rather than punch the aggressor. You are still doing yourself a disservice though by choosing to internalize the problem. Passive aggression ultimately hurts the person who uses it, because it’s internalized. You still haven’t been true to yourself.

i can’t wait for your tedx talk!

“It has come to my attention” = someone snitched
“Please be reminded” = you are fxxxed
“So that we are aligned” = do as I say you mxxxerfxxxer

Another day in Singapore :rofl: :wall:

1 Like

You can find information about passive aggression and much more in, ‘Not nice,’ by Dr Aziz Gazipura.

I hear you.

I want you to know that I acknowledge that you have heard me.

Work emails should really be for brief exchanges of facts. Phone calls are for when something more personal is required. Face to face is for when those other two options haven’t yielded fruit or you need more than one person involved.

The worst is when you email one person, they then reply AND copy someone else in. Who the f@ck gave you permission to do that?

That’s what we do when admin or HR ghosts us. Just cc the union president. Then, they jump.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes it makes sense to bring someone else into the loop for a variety of reasons. Don’t you agree, @BiggusDickus?

3 Likes

I’d appreciate your feedback about that.

2 Likes

You have a blessed day.

1 Like

Going forward, let’s please all align on following the rules of posting.

:laughing:

Your implication is insulting. Harrumph!

you mean the one about backseat moderating?

This thread is fun. It should be moved to the Lounge so the riffraff can’t muck it up, or read it.

Thank you for flagging this up. Please advise as to where to move it. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but as you are no doubt aware, any movement will require a team meeting on Zoom. Do let me know if I misunderstand.

1 Like

My team is working on a rebuttal demeaning enough to incense the rabble.

Homer, would you like to present your rebuttal?

1 Like

That’s way over the line.

1 Like

Moving forward, let’s take this offline.