Passport photograph for visa, and what does it cost (Taipei Zhongshan or near MRT)

I’m down the other end of the country in Pingtung so can’t really help you in Taipei

Really? The Philippines has a consulate in Kaohsiung too. I’d imagine some other countries do too.

It was a genuine question. The snark was a bonus.

Then I am choosing to disengage. I’m not feeling good and I don’t feel I deserved this. @user86

I would’ve preferred a politer tone.

2 Likes

There should be tons of small photo shops doing passport and other photos. Looking at Google maps, I think “photo lab” is an possible search word for these. Around Zhongshan for example you find these. Maybe ask around for prices, they should be cheap by the looks:

1 Like

I thought we were just having banter. I was kidding about the bonus snark. Actually it wasn’t meant to be snarky at all. I genuinely thought you meant that the BOCA Kaohsiung was used for other purposes besides processing visas which I found strange, and I was just double-checking.

No rudeness intended.

1 Like

Ah ok. Must’ve been a misunderstanding. I’m having some sort of reaction and today’s just been a cloud over my head.

No hard feelings.

2 Likes

Personally I prefer this old style studio feel with high tech services. They make you look good and give you the right size for each specific need, by email, hard copy, etc.

About the same for me. Kodak shop which is now a coffee shop.

I get my hair done before ID photos. Gotta make my pictures pop!

1 Like

if you look too handsome they are going to want to stop you for a chat :wink:

1 Like

Or take you into the back room when you go through passport control.

That’s why i try to go for the female immigration officers.

Either itll be a date or her hands will be smaller when checking for drugs.

1 Like

The Kodak shop where I live charges about $150 if I remember correctly. Comes with 6 photos and a mini cd with the file on it so you can go back for reprints. Next day service or extra $60 for in the hour.

1 Like

Cheapest is those instant photo booths you can find around town. NT$120 for a set of passport photos if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I would just go to 7 Eleven and print your own. It is only 6NT for a 4x6 inch color print.