🛂 Passport | Taiwan Passport renewal timeframe

My taiwan passport is almost expired. I need to fly back to Taiwan to renew it. Currently I don’t have a residency so I need to go back to Taiwan

The issue is I’m extremely busy with setting up the new office I have in Italy so I need it done fast. Anyone know how long it takes and if there’s an express one.

1 Like

There is a 1 day service

2 Likes

Why can you not renew it at TECO Italy?

No. I can’t. No residency yet.

I’m wondering if I can get my dad to do it if I send Mu passport photo, passport, and Taiwan ID

My son has no residency in Taiwan and has renewed his passport at a Teco in Australia

he’s saying he doesn’t have residence in Italy yet

No requirement to be a resident to get a passport renewed.

Technically, TECO only provides services to residents of their own jurisdiction, but this is a dumb rule because it excludes all tourists (and they require consular service just as residents do!). I don’t know of any other embassy or consulate that has this rule.

@Andrew0409 Maybe you can tell them you are a Taiwanese tourists traveling in Italy and that you lost your passport? I don’t see how they wouldn’t help you in this case. How do they expect you to travel back home to Taiwan without a passport?

If you do this what they will do is issue a temporary travel document that allows you to enter Taiwan.

But it seems while I was a kid in the US I was presumably there illegally and my parents somehow gotten Houston TECO to issue me a passport.

I get my kids’ passport next day (within taiwan). Cheap and easy.