Pastry School or Studio

Hi,

I’m Vietnamese and would like to learn bakery and pastry in Taiwan. Anyone has any idea of where and which college/school/studio that offer such courses (English or Chinese is also OK)? I intend to go to Taiwan to study Pastry after i have been graduated next year (My major is Chinese). I dont mind to work for a bakery shop too to get more experience for myself. Its will be great if any college/studio/school offer short terms course in 1 or 2 years. But i just afraid of if i just study in a studio, can get my visa or not? So I come up with one option that i will study in 1 Language Center to get my certificate in Chinese as well as Pastry at the same time. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much.

I’ve seen cooking “schools” which look more like demonstration rooms - would that be enough. I would not expect them to be proper education that would enable you to qualify for a student visa. More like, something for stay at home spouses to do when their kids are old enough to go to school by themselves (did I just telegraph myself?)

I think your plan to come in to study Mandarin for the Visa and pair it with your study of pastry is fine – but maybe approach larger bakery chains and offer to intern for free for 6 months initially.

Lutetia bakery in Tienmu is not a large chain, but maybe they might be open to allowing you to help as a free intern/apprentice.

In the same neighborhood, contact the folks at Guudnest and ask them for suggestions on who you might approach for pastry schools and other free internships. They target the families of TAS for their cooking workshops.

Btw this came out in a quick Google search of cooking schools in Taipei

But I do not see where in Taipei these classes happen. Different places? Either way, when you figure where, reach out to the owners and them the same thing: where would you be allowed to apprentice for free for 6 months at a time at a pastry studio?