Paul Hackett is my hero!

a few days ago Rush Limbaugh made some incredibly stupid remarks about Hackett.

Hackett, a marine who recently returned from Iraq ran for Congress on the Democratic ticket and nearly won in a VERY Republican district.

his near victory has the neo-cons nervous. as a result, Rush has been questioning his motives. he stated the other day that Hackett only went to Iraq to “pad his resume’”…that is insane…

this is his response:

[quote]That’s typical for that fatass drug addict to come up with something like that. There’s a guy … I didn’t hear this, but actually when I was on drill this weekend, I’ve got to tell you, he lost a lot of Republican supporters with his comments. Because they were coming up to me, telling me, “I can’t believe he said that! Besides that, he called you a soldier. He doesn’t know the difference between a soldier and a marine!”

So generally, the consensus is Rush doesn’t know squat about patriotism. He’s typical of the new Republican. He’s got a lot of lip and he doesn’t walk the walk. The fact of the matter is, I went to Iraq to serve my country. I left my nice house, my nice wife by my choice because I thought it was the right thing to do. And man, if I was good enough to be able to see into the future that Rob Portman was going to step down from Congress, I mean I should actually be running for something a lot more than Congress. I went to Iraq because I wanted to serve my country and be with my Marines.

I think it probably says more about Rush Limbaugh than it does anybody else that he comes up with those thought processes. And I think it’s indicative of today’s Republican party, which is patriotic lite translated to anybody who serves their country who truly who truly serves their country and demonstrates it by their actions as opposed to their flapping gums.

They want to attack us. But the fact of the matter is they can attack me, but I punch back just as hard as I get. Ask Rush how come he wasn’t taking phone calls for the two days when he was on the attack with me. Ask him why his phone lines were clogged up. That’s because he was getting thousands of calls from veterans from this war and other wars who were clogging up his phone lines, giving him an earful.

(transcript from the Ed Schultz show)
[/quote]
VERY WELL PUT…GIVE 'EM HELL!!!

this guy is incredible…Hackett in '06

[quote=“Danimal”]

Paul Hackett is just the tip of the iceberg because the times they are a’changing:

"Like the rest of the 13,877 Americans wounded in Iraq, (Terry) Rodgers has a story to tell. He tells it in a matter-of-fact voice . . . His real injuries were almost as bad as the ones he hallucinated. He had a broken femur, broken jaw, broken cheekbone. His right calf was blown away. Also, his right ear couldn’t hear and his right eye couldn’t see.

He spent a month and a half at Walter Reed. The doctors wired his jaw shut, put a metal rod in his leg, did nine hours of surgery on his eye, reconstructed his calf, and did skin grafts.

“I’ve had way too many surgeries to count,” he says."

“I didn’t have a political view,” he says. “I’m not into politics.”

"One day a nurse came in to ask Rodgers if he wanted to meet President Bush, who was visiting the hospital. Rodgers declined.

“I don’t want anything to do with him,” he explains. “My belief is that his ego is getting people killed and mutilated for no reason – just his ego and his reputation. If we really wanted to, we could pull out of Iraq. Maybe not completely but enough that we wouldn’t be losing people – at least not at this rate. So I think he himself is responsible for quite a few American deaths.”

"Rodgers says he also declined to meet Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Condoleezza Rice. This wounded soldier has lost faith in his leaders, and he no longer believes their repeated assurances of victory.

“It’s gonna go on as long as we’re there,” he says. “There’s always gonna be insurgents trying to blow us up. There’s just too many of 'em that are willing to do it. You’re never gonna catch all of 'em. And it seems like they have unlimited amounts of ammunition. So I don’t think it’s ever gonna end.”

After Hackett had publically the President of the Unired States a “son of a bitch”.

He’s a lawyer and served 7 months in Iraq as a civil affairs officer. You think maybe the local voters who know him might have been able to see through his bullshit? That he’s simply used his military service for political gain…like Kerry the War Hero? BTW, Republican does not mean conservative.

hackettforcongress.com/index.php … play&id=69

Lets not forget that Hacketts campaign signs did not mention his party affiliation.

“John F*ckin’ Kerry Part Deux”…Bring it On!

As usual, its the same spinn - Attack Rush/Bush/Cheney/et al., while covering up the details of your political hopeful.

perhaps because progressives don’t need to use party affiliation as a crutch? i don’t care what party he is affiliated with, he is a good man. although listening to the man it’s obvious that he is a progressive, which eliminates him from ever being in the GOP.

what details?

yes, and your point is? i believe he has the right to call him that?

keep minimizing what he did in Iraq…it shows your true colors…his job there was no less important than anyone elses. the bottom line is he did his duty faithfully.

republican/conservative is essentially the same thing…tell me one principal of the republipuke agenda that isn’t conservative? and please don’t use one of the progressive movements ideas that has been reworded and taken as part of the neo-con agenda.

i love the attack-dog mentality of republipukes. they are like a schoolyard bully. when challenged mentally, they choose to sucker-punch their opponent instead of engaging in intelligent discourse…

paul hackett is giving them a taste of their own medicine and it has them twisted in knots.

[quote=“Hondu Grease”]
paul hackett is giving them a taste of their own medicine and it has them twisted in knots.[/quote]

Not anymore, he isn’t. He lost. Remember? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, 7 months in Iraq is a lot more time than the 101st Fighting Keyboardists have done. Pathetic hatchetman Cpt. Eric “Carry Me to the Front of the Chow Line” Minamyer had to eat his words after he tried to lie about Hackett.

The funny thing is that Hackett losing by 4% in the reddest of the red congressional districts was step one. Fact is that the man will probably go on to an even better office is going to be a bitter pill for the GOP.

Still think the U.S. military is behind our chump-in-chief??

[quote]Still think the U.S. military is behind our chump-in-chief??/quote]

No…they soundly voted against Clinton, algore and Le Kerry.

And Hacketts comments were most probably a violation of the UCMJ. The POTUS is also the Commander in Chief of all US Military branches. Thats if he really made the attributed comment.
Hell, even I had to salute Carter one time.
Interesting to see how this bit works out.

God this is entertaining. Keep trying the smears boys, you’ll get there eventually.

i heard him make it live on the radio. it was great.

THAT IS FRIGHTENING! i’d feel more comfortable being led to war by someone who actually respects human life. as a former military man Cowboy, how can you possibly support this administration?? have you been paying attention to what their doing to veterans benefits???