Pay scale for foreigners working in taiwan

Hello

I am coming to taiwan in next week.I want to know about payscale there.one of my friend told me that as per taiwan government rules company who is hiring foreigners should pay minimum 40000 ntd.it is true? I am mechanical engineering student.

Minimum legal wage for foreigners is 50,000 NT.

And ya need 2 years full-time experience.

My humble suggestion: “Don’t.”

That being said, minimum pay for foreign workers is about 48,000 a month, give or take – an amount that many employers are loathe to pay, since they can hire two locals for the same price, and don’t have to file as much paperwork for them.

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask, what should I expect salary wise working in marketing at a big tech company? I have just over around 2-3 years experience.

Dont expect much more than 60K a month. Maybe TSMC will pay more, but not sure.

[quote=“bljrox”]Hello

I am coming to Taiwan in next week.I want to know about payscale there.one of my friend told me that as per taiwan government rules company who is hiring foreigners should pay minimum 40000 ntd.it is true? I am mechanical engineering student.[/quote]

Bijoux, welcome to Forumosa

The rules say foreigners must be paid twice the minimum wage for locals.

Please SEARCH regarding visa regulations -for instance, the fact that the work permit procedures lie with the employer, not the employee, and it is the employer who retains such work permit, which can be rescinded anytime regardless of what is written on your ARC. Search also for ARC requirements and regulations, such a complete BA degree at least and 2 years experience certified.

Best of luck. Hope you enjoy your stay on the Island.

Thank you @icon. Will surely look forward

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]My humble suggestion: “Don’t.”

That being said, minimum pay for foreign workers is about 48,000 a month, give or take – an amount that many employers are loathe to pay, since they can hire two locals for the same price, and don’t have to file as much paperwork for them.[/quote]

Can you please explain me in details? ?

[quote=“bljrox”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]My humble suggestion: “Don’t.”

That being said, minimum pay for foreign workers is about 48,000 a month, give or take – an amount that many employers are loathe to pay, since they can hire two locals for the same price, and don’t have to file as much paperwork for them.[/quote]

Can you please explain me in details? ?[/quote]
He’s referring to the paperwork required to apply for a work permit.

[quote=“bumclouds”][quote=“bljrox”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]My humble suggestion: “Don’t.”

Can you please explain me in details? ?[/quote]
He’s referring to the paperwork required to apply for a work permit.[/quote]

Copamy who is hiring me is giving me work permit for 3 years.they are sponsoring me for degree in Taiwan and after my graduation I have to work with them for next 3 years so m bit worried about payment they told me that payment will be more than 45k ntd. Will I get that much payment?

Hopefully. Just don’t remind them of a little clause that allows them to pay a bit less to foreigners that graduate from local universities. :whistle: :wink: That is for you to know but :shh:

3 year contract and that amount of money is standard. Sounds reasonable. If they write the salary like that on the contract then that is what it should be. If they try to pay less to avoid taxes or something, you can appeal at the Labor office with contract in hand. But so far, it sounds like they know their thing and hold their end. So far, so good.

is the roughly $50,000nt “minimum wage for foreigners” really a minimum wage for work OR a minimum income to maintain a visa?

[quote=“Pingdong”]is the roughly $50,000nt “minimum wage for foreigners” really a minimum wage for work OR a minimum income to maintain a visa?[/quote]Minimum to be legal here. Minimum for the permit.

I’m working as mechanical engineer now, my salary is only 38k as signed in labor contract without any problem in working permit applying procedure.
Furthermore, if you took your master degree from local university, you don’t need 2-years experience proof.