Paying for degree notarization and shipping

My apologies.

Anyway, I think you’ll be fine to finish out the year. So probably don’t even bother with it. To mix two metaphors, keep kicking the can down the road until you run out the clock. In your shoes, my concern would be trying to leave on somewhat good terms so I can ask the department chair or someone else higher up for a reference (last thing you want to do is choose between leaving it off your CV or squirming for an answer when future interviewers inquire about it). So try to be cheery on the outside even if you think everyone there sucks on the inside. Interpersonal relations count for a shit load here. Maybe give a fake sob story about needing to return to your home country because an immediate family member is sick, so it doesn’t seem like you’re fleeing after only a year.

2 Likes

This is why we humanists get paid the big bucks! :money_mouth_face:

If the teaching gigs don’t work out, maybe we could try out sports broadcasting.

Guy

In case this point is unclear: we do not need “infinite” great jobs; we just need to find one. I hope you can get there, wherever it is.

Guy

1 Like

Humanists are rationalists.

Clearly you have not met some of my colleagues.

Guy

1 Like

Yeah, it’s one of those nice sounding terms that people throw around.

1 Like