PayPal alternatives

Hi,

Are there any alternatives to PayPal if I want to receive funds from overseas clients who wish to pay with credit card?

The recipient would be a tw incorporated ltd and currencies USD,SEK,EUR.

Your bank should be able to help you with that. Though you will typically receive TWD if you work with a local processor.

Check out opay

They are the only somewhat advanced processor in Taiwan that I know of, with several options on how you get paid. Drawbacks: Once you start processing serious amounts the paperwork is quite crazy (thanks to the regulatory environment in Taiwan) and you will only receive TWD, like @rooftopclown mentioned.

Edit: And the whole thing is Chinese only…

Don’t want to receive twd,so that’s a deal breaker

Yeah thanks, but as mentioned to the other comment I actually don’t want to settle in twd.

Please let me know if you find a solution. I have basically the same requirement as you.

UnionPay (China based, 3rd largest behind Visa and M-card)
Alipay (from Alibaba)
Google Wallet

Top 18 Paypal competitors

looks like you have your work cut out for yah

There are a number of solutions you can use, but they require a bit more work to setup than I got now.

For example Adyen and Altapay could probably help you. But, you would need setup the checkout yourself.

Right now I was looking for something quick I could setup today and have working within a few hours like stripe, Braintree or paypal.

Yeah, Adyen is a bit overkill.

Stupid question: If you don’t want TWD, why not use a HK Limited? You lived in HK before right? HK has Stripe.

I been here for a year now, and still haven’t paid any taxes. So, I figured a) I live here so the right thing to do is to contribute a bit to society b) I would like to build a credit score so it is easier for me to get loans, credit cards, etc. etc.

Have your HK company pay you a salary in Taiwan (even if just on paper and no actual transfer) and pay Taiwan income tax on that. Pick your number.

Right, so there are also some startup funds by Taipei government and central government I want to apply for, and those are only for local companies.

Got it. But then settlement to your account will be TWD only, I am afraid.

Unless you open a US$ or Euro account? You can do that as a foreigner.

What do you mean, open eur or usd account where ?

BOT, Bank of Taiwan. They have foreign currency accounts for foreigners.

Sure, I know that.

But, I wanted to offer credit card payment to some clients.

The issue is that e.g. Paypal will only settle in TWD. So, even if I get paid to PayPal in e.g. EUR, PayPal will convert it to TWD before paying my bank account.

Maybe get another PayPal account in the country of your choosing.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-use-paypal-to-manage-multiple-currencies-faq1738

You can receive any currency and leave it in your wallet in that currency.
If you created a Taiwanese Paypal account you will only be able to withdraw in TWD. So it is better for you create a PayPal account in Europe and withdraw EUR there.

Or check out https://transferwise.com/us/borderless/

I am almost sure that a TW company cannot open a Paypal account in another jurisdiction than in Taiwan, so creating another account in europe is not really feasible. Furthermore, I dont have bank accounts for either the company or for myself in Europe.