PC Home counterfeit goods?

Just wondering what the likelihood of counterfeit goods are on PC Home? I’m looking to buy a luxury watch from the sit which has been put on sale but I’m hesitant on spending money on what could end up as just a scam. I know TaoBao is pretty bad for this kind of stuff but just wanted to know if anyone knew PC Home or even Yahoo would be reputable enough for this kind of purchase?

Thanks

Luxury watch huh. I’d want to know where it was coming from. Got a link?

If you’re talking about a real “luxury” brand, you should consider buying from an authorized dealer unless you can physically inspect the watch yourself before purchase.

If the sale price of the watch is really enticing, there’s a good chance the deal is too good to be legit. Even if it’s not fake, it might not be in the condition claimed.

1 Like

Just make sure it’s 7 day return eligible.
Have it inspected.

2 Likes

You need to make sure that the vendor really is phone, and it’s not just a front for another store.

I’m not sure about pchome, but I have received fake items twice on their other site, pcstore, with independent vendors.

Anytime you are buying luxury anything where authenticity is a big issue, BUY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS ONLY and buy in person, not online.

Now if you’re buying some tool, and it’s a fake (but much cheaper than the real thing) and it works, that’s fine but to avoid fakes it’s best to buy them in person.

Yes they do sell fake items in PCHome or Ruten. Buyers beware. You can report them though if it turns out to be fake… not sure if they do anything about it.

1 Like

I should clarify PCHome, not some small vendor.

PCHome is like Amazon. It’s individual sellers who sells on PCHome.

Not really.
There can be either individual sellers, stores or even PCHome itself.

1 Like

Just assume fake stuff exists everywhere. If you are worried, become educated and see things in person. Or assume the risk. This is why reputation is so important… and online shopping platforms have none. Despite their fancy goldstars. We should have already learned how meaningless those are by 3rd grade :wink: