Pensions for permanent residents

No exactly! If you decide to leave by youself. Yes - nothing. By if you are forced to leave, you should get a severance (which in fact is higher than the pension with new system, Lol).

not 25 years?

I find this rather harsh… I know about the severance pay. But I thought somehow the old system would at least calculate something when having worked for different employers.

That is just contact information for work permits.
Does not say anything about pensions.

Yeah, the section for teachers only has contact info and not qualifications. That list is what is required to be a “Foreign Professional”. In order to join the new pension plan, you must qualify for a “Foreign Professional” and hold an APRC.

1 Like

LSA says "Article 53. A worker may apply for voluntary retirement under any of the following conditions:

1. Where the worker attains the age of fifty-five and has worked for fifteen years.
  2. Where the worker has worked for more than twenty-five years.
  3. Where the worker attains the age of sixty and has worked for ten years."
1 Like

To add to what Alex said, this link has a pdf you can download which explains the new program.

1 Like

say an employer refuses or is unaware that they need to pay a qualified employee their pension money. after the employee leaves said employer, whether from termination or quitting, is the employer obliged to pay the back pension should it be brought to the attention of the relevant government authority? assuming this is under the new system.

OH, ok, now I remember, will be at 25 years of work earlier than at 55 years of age, so I assumed it’s 25 years. :slight_smile:

You’ve said “new system”. If you already registered with a new system, the employer has no chance to unaware to contribute your pension. You can check the contributions regularly and report to BLI if something wrong.

1 Like

The tricky part is that HR is saying if you don’t have a teaching license (regardless of APRC status) then you are not a teacher and are not being reported to the government as a teacher for the school. You are considered a “special worker” something a guest speaker/worker or other complete BS title. You are not labor but you are also not a teacher, even though your are teaching.

Is that even legal?

okay, but what if they are holding out or have found a loophole? what then? I am getting a lot of confusing info about this so I am guessing I will have to investigate further with the BLI.

FYI, the new program only became available to foreign professionals with an APRC last year.

There are some penalties for such employers. You can check here the details

1 Like

No need to be catty about this. : D

Guy

3 Likes

I know that.

Focus Taiwan reports on draft pension legislation replacing the 2004 Labor Pension Act. The new regulations, should they pass, would include ALL foreign permanent residents, not just spouses of Taiwan nationals and foreign professionals holding APRCs:

Guy

Sadly , it is only of benefit to the very few who contributed. Many people living here for decades on ARC and APRC later , had no reason to contribute until recently, so It’s good from now. I do know that some people had paid into the scheme and they now have choices , but I don’t think it’s so many ?

We still need 10 million NTD to retire. Pension mightfunds give us what 5, 8k?

I dont know how people can afford to retire at 40 something.

At 40+ companies think they are old and they can’t get jobs… that leaves almost 40 more years until you croak to pay for. Better have a lot saved up.

And a pension now for a lot of us old folks on here comes too late but it will be good for the young uns