People are definitely not at their best on planes

wmbfnews.com/story/22666896/ … m=facebook

People are not at their best on planes. The anxiety of flight. The worries about getting to the airport on time, problems with missing the plane, etc.

But people really do need to shut down their cellfones once told to.

This person apparently refused to get off her fone, prompting the crew to call the police. And she made things a lot worse by not cooperating.

By the time the police are called, it’s best to get off the aircraft voluntarily without cussing out the police and the worse that will likely happen is that you get yourself on a later flight.

The airlines are usually not going to go further then that if you cooperate.

At this rate, she will get some time in the can to cool off and possibly be banned on that airline in the future.

[quote=“tommy525”]http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22666896/woman-arrested-on-a-charlotte-bound-flight-af?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer20e2c&utm_medium=facebook

People are not at their best on planes. The anxiety of flight. The worries about getting to the airport on time, problems with missing the plane, etc.

But people really do need to shut down their cellfones once told to.

This person apparently refused to get off her phone, prompting the crew to call the police. And she made things a lot worse by not cooperating.

By the time the police are called, it’s best to get off the aircraft voluntarily without cussing out the police and the worse that will likely happen is that you get yourself on a later flight.

The airlines are usually not going to go further then that if you cooperate.

At this rate, she will get some time in the can to cool off and possibly be banned on that airline in the future.[/quote]

Tommy,this Woman sounds like an A-hole,whether on a Plane, or not. Selfish and arrogant behavior.She should serve time for assault. :2cents:

Yes she does sound like a person that is hard to handle when hot. Not someone I would want to be involved with for sure.

I don’t get it,
She gets kicked off the plane for using her phone while the other using theirs recording how she gets kicked off.

Self righteous bunch of as-holes, in the interest of her kid, they could have tried to calm things down.
Touching someone forcefully isn’t one of those things.

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]I don’t get it,
She gets kicked off the plane for using her phone while the other using theirs recording how she gets kicked off.

Self righteous bunch of as-holes, in the interest of her kid, they could have tried to calm things down.
Touching someone forcefully isn’t one of those things.[/quote]

The plane was taxi-ing for take off and she was told repeatedly to get off her fone and shut it off. Everyone else had done so. The plane was forced to return to the gate and police were called. The recordings done were by others who had by then turned their fones back ON when the plane was obviously back at the gate and police were in attendance.

She then refused to acknowledge that she refused to turn her fone off , claiming it was all a lie and then refused to disembark when ordered to do so.

Fact is anyone can be ordered off a plane at the airline’s discretion. IF they feel you are a risk to the safety of the flight. IN her agitated condition she is a risk to the safe operation of the flight. IF they got in the air, there was no telling if she would go berserk and start attacking people (which has happened before).

Her being totally uncooperative means it was a correct call to disembark her. I would not feel safe flying with this person in her agitated state. One does not even know if she had just been released from prison for hard time or she was just released from a mental institution and was having a relapse.

She was mis-behaving and in a big way.

That’s not true Tommy. I’ve written several of my best piano concertos on planes, and I once saved Western civilization on a plane (well almost.) Most recently, though quite amazingly drunk on a plane, I interacted politely and pleasantly with all those around me, and did not vomit.

I’ve seen people at their BEST on planes, offering to swap seats to let families sit together, offering diapers to parents of young kids who ran out in mid flight, and passing uneaten food items to the sumo wrestling team.

I sleep through all my flights, so I hope people are behaving themselves, preferably not drawing stuff on my face.

i just drink as much free wine as possible and chill out

i keep quiet mostly

I just don’t like the smell inside of aircraft.

Use nose plugs.

Even mouth-breathing, I feel that I would still get that musty, recirculated air smell. I wonder if they’d just let me use the oxygen tanks during flight. Maybe it smells better.

[peaceinmideast][/peaceinmideast][quote=“Tempo Gain”]I interacted politely and pleasantly with all those around me, and did not vomit.[/quote]

Do you hold yourself to such high standards on terra firma?

I’m trying! Only myself though.

It’s important to have ideals. :cactus:

:ponder: I am fairly certain I did not include a photo of Yasser Arafat in my post, originally. Colour me foxed.

lol. Someone requested that code a while back. YOu’re the first to use it though I think.

Ha! I just pressed ‘edit’ to see what was there, feeling sure I would not have googled up the PLO to make even the most arcane of points. My enormous bloated western woman’s sausagey hands pressed the code while editing a typo on the my-Pad. No wonder I can’t get laid.

Nevertheless, you have done your part for world peace, and not even on a plane.