People who want the recommend button back. A petition

I’ll give you a recommend IOU if you tell me what movie that is.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

It has to be said having an intelligent English outlet of any kind in Taiwan is always going to be a challenge given the minuscule number of people who can converse intelligently in English here. :slight_smile:.[/quote]

That’s mostly the schism isn’t it. The site wants to encourage on topic one line questions yet many users mainly people want to carp on about life laundry. When I joined flob there was no other way to find out little questions. Since then the world has changed. You don’t need a forum to find out where stuff is and you can google most things. I recently spent 2 weeks in Turkey with no Turkish. 10 years ago that would have been real hard. I spent those two weeks with stragbasher/loretta. I would never have met him or got one of my jobs if this site hadn’t used to have been a discussion forum. Things weren’t perfect, but discussion was the order of the day. Now it’s a fly by site.

That said, the recommend button is one problem. The other is that that the NEW button still takes you to a page where you need to log in. If your needs aren’t pressing and you don’t have the perspicacity to google elsewhere and you don’t mind waiting to join, you might just join forumosa.com.

They forgot, it’s supposed to be about what the users want, not about what the site wants. Still you could post on Taiwanese, which sadly has become an impenetrable clique. Good luck with that.

when we get the Recommend function back, can you also give it an icon so people can find where it is?

(Sorry Icon, not meaning that everyone has to push Icon’s button to get a reaction, although that does happen a lot here.)

and that movie is… awesome.

Ex Machina

There it is.
:bow:

The recommend button is a pat on the back for a notable posting. I think it has merit.

And it also can function as a fiat currency. Which is kinda fun.

Added to the list. I seem to have a lot to watch, suddenly.

That recommend button - great to hear of its impending return, but there’s a lack of timescales out there for this. Do you guys need any tech assistance in getting this done?

Hi Nuit I will PM you. Thank you

Folks - I am sorry the transition to the new server has extended this way. It is inexcusable and I am contrite.

I will speak to Nuit and get back on when we might be able to get that function back

Even Better!